Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Hot Spots For Delta Bass

every time i cast on weed lines i get em'

I use my canoe and drop it in over the levy. Its great to sit on top of the weed beds and use topwater stuff!! ;D

As you are headed west on eight mile road, you will cross honker cut. white slough is to the right just a short way. I've fished it from my boat several timea and it is productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster550
    i have a boat but it needs a tune up so im fishing by shore.What kinds of jigs do you use to catch your bass.
    Your killing yourself not using that boat. There are so many places to go and so much good habitat in the Delta it makes my head spin! Now is the best time to get that boat up and running, the warm weather will be here before you know it!

Good Luck! *8-)

Bassmaster550

this mornig i fished the second bridge on eight mile road. i didnt catch anything not even a bite. i was using a Rat-L-Trap and a 5in senko. i went to a bridge in lathrop and only caught a bag

If you are getting hung up in the weeds on a T-rig, try pegging the weight with a toothpick. Dropshot is not great from shore because your line will be at an angle and the worm will tend to just hang downwards. A jig will work, but go with a lighter jig. Black/blue and Black/red are good Delta colors. If you fish from shore around weeds and want to use a worm, I'd go weightless T-rig and toss it upstream way out there. Let it fall and twitch it as it gets perpendicular to you you.

Bassmaster550

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezax
    White Slough. I've fished it from a boat and from the bank. Lots of fun either way!!
    how do you get to white slough? i live in Stockton.i need to get to the shore.

Bassmaster550

Thanks 4 all the tips i appreciate all the advice. This sunday im going to try both bridges on Eight Mile road.I will try crankbaits, drop shot, and texas rig. Ill tell yall my results.

my boat is on 8 mile road. see if you can hi-jack some docks and cast along the shoreline with crankbaits. around 6 am is the best time. the more weeds there are the better, it seems. ive caught a lot of bass under the second bridge using white lures.

White Slough. I've fished it from a boat and from the bank. Lots of fun either way!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast