Exclamation Re: valco westcoaster

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster jim View Post
    I have a 2000 14' westcoaster deluxe. It came with a trailer, Beminni top, 25 merc Bigfoot W/ eletric start, two DR's, oars anchors, 6 gallon tank, spare tire, and a 40 minn kota trolling motor.

The whole unit haad about 100hrs on it. I paid $1,500.

Hope this helps, Jim

You got a heck of a good deal! I got a 14' Westcoaster with a 18 horse Mercury. I really
    like the stability and the fact that it's welded. Good boat!

Re: valco westcoaster

a 16 footer is probably a lot more boat then a similar 14 footer (wider and possibly deeper). Dont compromise on the motor. Ck the hull carefully for cracks (transome and where it sits on the trailer). Its hard to comment on price without seeing boat.

I have a 2000 14' westcoaster deluxe. It came with a trailer, Beminni top, 25 merc Bigfoot W/ eletric start, two DR's, oars anchors, 6 gallon tank, spare tire, and a 40 minn kota trolling motor.

The whole unit haad about 100hrs on it. I paid $1,500.

Hope this helps, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post
    The Westcoaster was an outstanding small aluminum boat in my opinion. I wanted one for years but just never came across the right deal at the right time. If I were still interested in a small boat, I would darn near buy it sight unseen at that price, if you can get the price down better yet. Good Lucki
    i got one 13and 1/2 foot with 15 horse johnson and trailer,,,,nice boat,,,,vaco westcoaster,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$1750,,, cowboy6ft3

captn-tin,

Two years ago I sold a 91' WestCoaster 15' wide body, side console, side rails, 40 hsp two stroke Merc for $3800. I bought it in 1999 for the same price, but when I sold it I included a fairly new Lawrance FF ($400). It was a great boat. I could have gotten a few hundred more, but I needed to sell it fairly quickly. Therefore $3500 for that boat seems a little too aggressive to me.

SideJump

I have a 94 westcoaster and still love it. Had it out this weekend on the Feather. I was going to buy a 14 foot valco from Salinas Marine. I worked with the owners cousin in Monterey. When I showed up to the store he said why dont I just give you this boat at just over cost as its my last one. He said a 14ft valco was the same price as a 13 foot westcoaster so I said ok. Its been for sale for two years now but not advertised nor has a sign on it. The wife keeps bringing me buyers and I say I am too busy to show it. I have been wanting to trade it for a pontoon boat or as a partial trade lately. They are awesome boats and the guy said something like a 25 yr warranty on the hull. Made in beautiful Clovis, Calif. :-X
    2Shakes

It's not a bad deal. But you should have the motor checked out. Wescoaster is a nice boat and still in high demand.

This seems really low for hours, on a 91'. I would take the boat, motor and owner to a trusted boat shop. Compression test motor, spark advance ect. The price seems very fair, as the price of the boat lies in the motor. All in all 3500, all welded, with a nice trailer works, but if the motor is on its last leg, negotiate, expect to pay some repairs, or look elsewhere.
    Just my $.02

The Westcoaster was an outstanding small aluminum boat in my opinion. I wanted one for years but just never came across the right deal at the right time. If I were still interested in a small boat, I would darn near buy it sight unseen at that price, if you can get the price down better yet. Good Lucki

valco westcoaster

Anyone out there know anything about Westcoaster boats? I'm lookin at a '91 mdl. br16. The boat, Johnson 25hp. tiller steer motor with 20 hrs, and galvanized trailer look like new. He's asking $3500. Sounds kinda hi. It' an all welded rig, and is bare bones. No extras at all. Apparently Westcoaster was bought by Valco, which was bought by Klamath.Thats all I know bout it. Any help appreciated...Thanks...Bill