Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Fillet Knife with a Spoon

I also agree that a gutting knife is the best tool for the job.I tried the spoon trick but seemed to always miss that last little cut and had to go back to the knife and was just a hassle with fish slime and all. Besides cleaning a salmon while my wife is driving the boat back to port with the boat rolling in the swell with slimy hands is always an adventure to end a great day of fishing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DinoBlaster
    Spoons are cheaper! Heck I got several in a drawer in the kitchen doing nothing! DB
    Quote Originally Posted by nvtroller
    Save your money and steal a tablespoon from your house. A heavy duty one works great. You won't get cut by it either. Works great on those salmon and other large fish bloodlines.

Just a suggestion
    troller
    Thats Great suggestion but, NO THANKS. I'd rather buy the proper tools. :
    17.9 CapeHorn OffShore CC 115 Mercury Powerhouse. Furuno FCV 585, TM260, Raymarine A57D,Riptide 101 iPilot, Scotty 1117 Big Water Propack Tournament Series. She's a Killing Machine.
    Sponsored by: Delta Wood Bombers (Custom Wooden Lures), Phenix Rods, River2Sea USA, BioEdge Fishing Product, Bodega Bay Lures, Fish-N-Mate, Infinit Graphx, Pirate of the American Lure Co, StriperLife.com,TheRodCondom

Save your money and steal a tablespoon from your house. A heavy duty one works great. You won't get cut by it either. Works great on those salmon and other large fish bloodlines.

Just a suggestion
    troller

Spoons are cheaper! Heck I got several in a drawer in the kitchen doing nothing! DB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MSgt
    [quote author=916steelhead link=1162345847/0#7 date=1162356832] i found what i'm looking for. It is made by Dexter Russell. I found the 5" version at $8.45 a piece.
    Where did you find it at? What is it about this knife that you wanted this specific one?[/quote]

I found it at. Everyone else wants thesame knife for $15-$18. http://cutlerymania.com/ProductInfor...?ProductID=166

This is exactly why i wanted the knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by drstressor
    That's a salmon gutting knife. It's too short for filleting anything but bluegills. I have a similar one and they work great for field dressing salmon and other large fish. The short blades are good for cutting the belly and removing the gills. The spoon is for removing the kidney or blood line along the spine.
    17.9 CapeHorn OffShore CC 115 Mercury Powerhouse. Furuno FCV 585, TM260, Raymarine A57D,Riptide 101 iPilot, Scotty 1117 Big Water Propack Tournament Series. She's a Killing Machine.
    Sponsored by: Delta Wood Bombers (Custom Wooden Lures), Phenix Rods, River2Sea USA, BioEdge Fishing Product, Bodega Bay Lures, Fish-N-Mate, Infinit Graphx, Pirate of the American Lure Co, StriperLife.com,TheRodCondom

metalmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Empire
    I am no knife expert, but it seems to me that when using the spoon end to take the kidney out of a fish the knife end is going to be pointing at your wrist.
    Empire that is a classic!! [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=stretcher.gif]

Cleaning fish is an extreme sport. I have the scars to prove it.

I am no knife expert, but it seems to me that when using the spoon end to take the kidney out of a fish the knife end is going to be pointing at your wrist.

And let's not forget the Hobo Knife , knife , fork & spoon...don't leave home without it !

That's a salmon gutting knife. It's too short for filleting anything but bluegills. I have a similar one and they work great for field dressing salmon and other large fish. The short blades are good for cutting the belly and removing the gills. The spoon is for removing the kidney or blood line along the spine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast