Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: brass monkey alert

Cool Re: brass monkey alert

Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    That's some funny stuff right there...
    It has a tattoo on it that is an advertisement "Eat at Joe's Albuquerque New Mexico", but it is in very fine print.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Re: brass monkey alert

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Mine looks like a button on a fur coat. It takes a little work but too much will get you in trouble........Jetspray
    That's some funny stuff right there...

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    and i thought i was bad off having to run my finger up and down
    my leg holleron 'snake' to find it. its harder find the colder it is.
    be safe
    Mine looks like a button on a fur coat. It takes a little work but too much will get you in trouble........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Quote Originally Posted by sgs1 View Post
    LOL I know what you mean. Last week I had to pee and it was still around 20 degrees. I reached in and grabbed the thing that was the longest and let loose. Unfortunately that was the button on my long underwear.
    and i thought i was bad off having to run my finger up and down
    my leg holleron 'snake' to find it. its harder find the colder it is.
    be safe

Blog Entries

congratulations Steve, you are arriving at that age where you cant remember what
    you did a couple of hours ago. thats why i dont wear a suit anymore, last time i wore
    one i went to the bathroom, took out my tie and peed in my pants.
    be safe
    LOL I know what you mean. Last week I had to pee and it was still around 20 degrees. I reached in and grabbed the thing that was the longest and let loose. Unfortunately that was the button on my long underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmeister View Post
    How many of you guys know what a brass monkey is and how the saying got started?

i dinbt know how or where it started, but i know it was a popular saying back in
    oklahoma in the 40's, i have no idea how far back from there it goes, but i suspectit started with some hillbillies somewhere.
    be safe

It is kind of scary and that "Did I drain and blow it out last night" question went through my mind. I know I did but it still made me wonder until it started, pee'd normally and there was no lube or oil in the water.[/QUOTE]

congratulations Steve, you are arriving at that age where you cant remember what
    you did a couple of hours ago. thats why i dont wear a suit anymore, last time i wore
    one i went to the bathroom, took out my tie and peed in my pants.
    be safe

Interesting Wiki Jetspray
    The meaning I had always been told is the cannon ball holder and cannon balls.
    Fishmeister

Blog Entries

That's the ticket. I do that with the side curtains and back drop if I didn't have them on already.

I froze up my intakes on my kicker when I launched the other day. It's never completely out of the water even full up when the boat is just sitting. The intakes are but I guess water splashed into the intake when I was launching it and then froze while I was parking the truck. I just drug it at idle for a while and it melted out. It is kind of scary and that "Did I drain and blow it out last night" question went through my mind. I know I did but it still made me wonder until it started, pee'd normally and there was no lube or oil in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by sgs1 View Post
    You guys are getting a taste of what I had all last week. I had to pull the boat into the empty lot across the street Sunday so it would be in the sun and the top could thaw out enough to fold it up. It was frozen solid inside and out even with the back drop on overnight! And this is just November!
    When I go to Pyramid, during the winter, I have the motor warmed by a light (most of the time), I carry the plastic side panels & rear panel in the cab of my truck to stay warm. I put up the whole thing, drop in the water and start the main engine. I leave the dock when it is warm, and since it is an onboard main I have a heater which works off of it. When I get to where we are fishing, I kick on the heater (Buddy heater) and use the kicker motor. It is like a dance but you are the only partner........Jetspray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast