Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Huge delta cats

Re: Huge delta cats

You should give Black butte Lake a try, on the Grizzly Flat Side. I have heard tons of people say that they catch monster cats out there.

Also, give the little irrigation canals a try. If the water is flowing, most of the time there will be cats in there.

223611_10150267549520706_4994677_n.jpg My buddy caught this sucker on his first cast (using crayfish) out in some little irrigation canal outside of Williams, CA. He yelled out "It's a big one" when he caught it. I thought he was joking but then he pulls this sucker out! You might be looking for something bigger than this, in which case once again, Black butte might be what you want.

Good luck, brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddundee View Post
    If you don't mind traveling a bit, Amador Lake is the spot for humongous cats. There is a small group of people that fish them there regularly at night. I have heard of cats in the 30 to 40 pound range coming out of there. They fish mainly by the dam with huge chunks of liver. Call up the lake on the phone and talk to old man Lockheart. He will gladly give you all the details and the history of cat fishing there. He will also gladly take your money....lol. Take a load of wood and make a campfire and spend the night there and you will get them.
    I fished there last summer with no luck..I fished the dam from 8pm till 130am...liver and sardines I'm thinking about giving it anther go this summer... I'll try and get ahold of lock heart maybe he can give me some help....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Martinez View Post
    Any body down to go after some huge delta cats... Im fishing from the bank looking for a buddy thats wants to catch a big cat....im from stockton
    If you don't mind traveling a bit, Amador Lake is the spot for humongous cats. There is a small group of people that fish them there regularly at night. I have heard of cats in the 30 to 40 pound range coming out of there. They fish mainly by the dam with huge chunks of liver. Call up the lake on the phone and talk to old man Lockheart. He will gladly give you all the details and the history of cat fishing there. He will also gladly take your money....lol. Take a load of wood and make a campfire and spend the night there and you will get them.

Blog Entries

Some guy out of Modesto has caught blue cats over 50 pounds fishing only at night.

Images

im gona head to tracy saturday around 430 you down?
    Cant brotha. I have a couple family birthday parties Sat. Got skunked today out at the 2nd bridge on 8mile. Going out with my cousin tomorrow afternoon to fill a bucket of panfish-trying to aim for hand size or better!!! Hit me if you want to roll

thanks gona head up there in a few days
    Report back if you do since I'm planning to hit up that same place once work dies down.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid90 View Post
    The bait shop is Bob's Bait shop:
    302 2nd St Isleton, CA 95641
    (916) 777-6806

The fishing dock is located across from his shop to the right a little bit. You know you're there when you see a little parking lot with about 10 parking spaces and a bathroom next to it. Walk up the steps and down to the dock and you'll be right next to the water.

The channel is located to the right of the dock.. try casting there in the evening time and you'll hook one or two. I've seen tons of little cats being caught to the left of the dock in the weedy area as well.

Good luck!
    thanks gona head up there in a few days

what bait shop....id like to find that channel and catch some hoggs....i dont eat fish so id just snap a pic and puter back...
    The bait shop is Bob's Bait shop:
    302 2nd St Isleton, CA 95641
    (916) 777-6806

The fishing dock is located across from his shop to the right a little bit. You know you're there when you see a little parking lot with about 10 parking spaces and a bathroom next to it. Walk up the steps and down to the dock and you'll be right next to the water.

The channel is located to the right of the dock.. try casting there in the evening time and you'll hook one or two. I've seen tons of little cats being caught to the left of the dock in the weedy area as well.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasi@thedelta View Post
    oh yeah, i was murdering the panfish a couple weeks ago out 8mile. wanted to try and use em as bait but ran out of time. made a bomb sandwich though!!
    im gona head to tracy saturday around 430 you down?

Images

oh yeah, i was murdering the panfish a couple weeks ago out 8mile. wanted to try and use em as bait but ran out of time. made a bomb sandwich though!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast