Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Smoked Pork shoulder

Re: Smoked Pork shoulder

This is why I try not to watch cooking shows. I could be full then watch something like this and be hungry. Great recipe. If I get into pig hunting I will try this out. Cooked a 13 pound haunch in the oven for 13 hours on slow heat made incredible pulled pork.

That looks real good, might have to give it a try, thanks for sharing your recipe

Images

We will be trying out your Recipe next week..............................................

nice Steve...........looks good

Images

Great looking Taco's Steve, and Dave ( jetspray ) Only a couple of Beers........

Stoney

Cool Re: Smoked Pork shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Steve079 View Post
    Yeah, you can do this and you can do that, but, once you hit on a successful (family likes it) formula, you stick with it. I'm not saying there is no room for improvement, but, if it's not broke....

I don't know if you've noticed it, but as some of us get older, we are more reluctant to change, right Dave???

Take care.
    The only change you have is in your pocket, and lately it has been so cold here that Democrats have to keep their hands in their own pockets........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Yeah, you can do this and you can do that, but, once you hit on a successful (family likes it) formula, you stick with it. I'm not saying there is no room for improvement, but, if it's not broke....

I don't know if you've noticed it, but as some of us get older, we are more reluctant to change, right Dave???

Take care.

The pan above the burner in mine, has a round section for the chips, and the surrounding square is for the liquid. Never gets hot enough to ignite the chips, unless the burner is in high, and then it gets way to hot.
    I've never used the water pan to control temp, always used controlling air flow for that, but my smoker is a cheap one, and is just tough to regulate. I've learned to work with what Ive got.

Take care, say hi to the Capt, for me!

He went south to visit his son, won't be back for a couple of days. Just hope he doesn't get bad weather on the way back. I use the water bowl in mine to add in spices and fruits like lemon orange and such (aeromatics). The moisture in the box keeps the meats from drying out too much and you can add chips to the liquid to put in the box as you go. I'm just sayin'........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

The pan above the burner in mine, has a round section for the chips, and the surrounding square is for the liquid. Never gets hot enough to ignite the chips, unless the burner is in high, and then it gets way to hot.
    I've never used the water pan to control temp, always used controlling air flow for that, but my smoker is a cheap one, and is just tough to regulate. I've learned to work with what Ive got.

Take care, say hi to the Capt, for me!

Sorry Jetspray.... I meant to post back sooner. Mine is a gas unit too, you can see the supply line in one of the pics's

I just put lit briquets in the round chip pan. then put the smoke wood on top of that. the whole idea is to get the smoke into the meat, and let the oven finish it off. No gas assist!
    The round pan in mine is for water/spiced-scented, below that is a wood chip box. I use portable temp guages for both the meat and the interior temp of the smoker. Mine is also stainless. I also have a new braumfels linear one that I use for other things I smoke when we have family gatherings and we work another gas grill when that goes on. Three guys cooking at once with people all around waiting for the food........Jetspray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast