Re: How many rods can one use in ocean?

Oh, you forgot to add that the fish have to have been born on the right side of a watermelon during a full moon and caught on any one of the odd-numbered days of the months during the legal season for each species. Then when you are done fishing, you have to spit on a rock and make three counter-clockwise turns while hopping on one foot.

Note: I forgot which foot, left or right, but I'm sure it's somewhere in the fishing regulations.
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

You can have Rockfish and Salmon on board at the same time you just can't fish in deeper water than you are allowed for Rockfish. You can travel through deep water but you can't stop and fish.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by elgallo View Post
    Slammers correct here. It applies to the OPEN ocean NOT inside the SF Bay.

Then: If one has salmon OR (not and) rock fish on board it's one pole per person. If salmon then the your hooks must be of the circle type if mooching. Trolling salmon it's one rod and two hooks max. If Cod it's 2 barbed j-hook only.

One cannot posses both cod and salmon on board at the same time. Halibut/Salmon is OK but to do this you need to fish the Hali's first with barbed Jhooks/ multiple poles, then Salmon but you need to change to circle hooks and one pole per person to do that.

Clear isn't it!

One cannot posses both cod and salmon on board at the same time

You can have Rockfish and Salmon on board at the same time you just can't fish in deeper water than you are allowed for Rockfish. You can travel through deep water but you can't stop and fish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishslammer View Post
    Well I read an article about 2 months ago in a California fishing magazine that talked about halibut fishing. In the article the writter talked about how you can use as many poles as you can man past the gate. I have been looking in my regulations book and I havent been able to find it. It tell you in the freshwater regulations but I havent seen it in the ocean book. I am also wondering for this up comming season. If you find out please let me know.
    Slammers correct here. It applies to the OPEN ocean NOT inside the SF Bay.

Then: If one has salmon OR (not and) rock fish on board it's one pole per person. If salmon then the your hooks must be of the circle type if mooching. Trolling salmon it's one rod and two hooks max. If Cod it's 2 barbed j-hook only.

One cannot posses both cod and salmon on board at the same time. Halibut/Salmon is OK but to do this you need to fish the Hali's first with barbed Jhooks/ multiple poles, then Salmon but you need to change to circle hooks and one pole per person to do that.

Clear isn't it!
    Last edited by elgallo; 04-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Well I read an article about 2 months ago in a California fishing magazine that talked about halibut fishing. In the article the writter talked about how you can use as many poles as you can man past the gate. I have been looking in my regulations book and I havent been able to find it. It tell you in the freshwater regulations but I havent seen it in the ocean book. I am also wondering for this up comming season. If you find out please let me know.

How many rods can one use in ocean?

OK I'm lazy. But hopefully someone knows this and just give me a quick answer.

I see kayakers use two rods all the time. I suppose that's legal? Does that mean in ocean one can use two rods? Or does it take a stamp? Thanks.