Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Delta levees closed to bank fishing

i've fished at whiskey for stripers before. Biggest one i caught was 24incher off of sardines. I think theres pretty okay stripers there but i think its better to catch them around jan.-feb

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fi****swuts4dinner View Post
    Lots of baby stripers there at brookside. Not worth expensive baits IMO. For the kids, it's fine using red worms/crawlers and such.
    Yea, its fun for kids if you aim for bluegills ^_^ . And yes there are small stripers that travel through there ;( But if you get lucky you can catch good sizes there but not big or huge at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow209 View Post
    It depends where you live to. If your near stockton you can try Buckley Cove too over at Brookside and 8 mile or you can call it White Slough. Whiskey Slough is a good place too. Thats pretty much the bank fishing here that i know in stockton.
    Lots of baby stripers there at brookside. Not worth expensive baits IMO. For the kids, it's fine using red worms/crawlers and such.

Images

It depends where you live to. If your near stockton you can try Buckley Cove too over at Brookside and 8 mile or you can call it White Slough. Whiskey Slough is a good place too. Thats pretty much the bank fishing here that i know in stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by elkgrove View Post
    where is Whiskey Slough? I would like to try it. Are there any Large mouth's there, or just stripers and cats?
    Mostly Cats and bass here and there. Once in a while a few small stripers would wonder into the area-most likley lost from the pack...Decades ago, whiskey was the Best area I've seen to pull in blue gills- big gills

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmom View Post
    Sherman Island also, but it's further downstream from where you are, I think.
    One of my co worker tried fishing on the east side of sherman island (san Joaquin river side) and was immediately harrassed by farmers? to leave and said that it's off limits? I know that sherman at the north end is still okay to bank from(supposively it's public land)

I think that area in the delta loop has been off limits for a few years.Bacon Island by whiskey slough is ok i think and the banks on the main river by windmill cove turner cut and buckley cove are ok i always see fisherman.also the area by herman and helens had fisherman last year not sure if anything changed.

Sherman Island also, but it's further downstream from where you are, I think.
    Pick up a bag of trash--every time!

alright, thanks. I fish out there on the four near the two bridges east of discovery bay

Images

Google Whiskey slough road in Holt, Ca
    Retirement is just fun, just rippensomelips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast