Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bass lake in el dorado county

The Bass Lake off of Bass Lake Road off Hwy 50 just east of El Dorado Hills belongs to El Dorado Irrigation District and is a water supply lake. I am not totally sure there are fish in it as even the EID people I know who have access don't fish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinoseeker View Post
    Vasiliym is correct..... I went there yesterday, no access anywhere and LOTS of NO TRESSPASSING signs. Bummer bigtime, the water looked good.
    I'm a native Nevadan, and even tho there isnt all that much water there 99% of it is free access. I'm having a tough time with Calif's "gotta pay everywhere" attitude. Got no problem paying for my entertainment but come on....... fishing is NOT supposed to be a rich man's sport!
    Any comments?
    I walk the American River about 5-6 times a week and fish from Watt to Howe both sides. I pick up trash along my walks most days, carry an extra garbage bag always...

If I owned riverfront property in Sacamento I would definitely close it to the public. I would allow forum fisherman to fish when asked but after seeing what people do to the American River.....Come on!
    Be a hoot, don't polute..............

Images

I can find no information on this lake.
    Is it fishable? Worth fishing? If so what's there?
    I'm just getting familiar with the area around Sac...... Jenkins lake is UNBELIEVABLY beautiful and I get trout every time I go there, I tried Icehouse just before bad weather last year and love it. What other places are worth fishing in the sierras? Say within about an hour or hour and a half of Sac.
    Of course my long days are spent chasing the Dinos.

LOVE this forum.

Forrest

Yes, unfortunately Bass Lake is private property and has lots of private property/no trespassing signs all over:/ Fortunately there's an abundance of fishable lakes/ponds/rivers in the Sacramento area/an hour from Sac.

It does suck so many lakes/ponds are blocked off/private property! I think it's ridiculous some places, like a lot of gated communities, can deprive access to fishable water especially when people, like me, always practice C & R and don't litter. I do, on the otherhand, see the reason to limit access as I often come out to Folsom Lake and see families taking stringers of bass home... and they come out and do this almost every day!!! I went to Folsom a couple days ago and saw this family with 5-6 BASS per person plus they were littering:/ they don't have a size limit (nothing's too small to keep) and they take selfish amounts of fish home. I don't care if it's technically 'legal' to catch your limit, it's extremely morally wrong to do so EVERY DAY and keep even the smallest of fish. Keep one big one and let the rest of em go.. some people:/

for bass...
    Folsom Lake (both smallmouth and largemouth)
    Mather Lake (largemouth)
    Lake Natoma (smallmouth, some largemouth)
    Cameron Park Lake (largemouth, C&R only)
    Lake Jenkinson (largemouth and smallmouth)
    Rancho Seco (largemouth)
    *there are a ton of ponds, but since they don't contain a lot of fish and people tend to take home stringers of bass? and litter you're going to have to do some research. But here's a tip, almost any decent sized body of water that has been around for a while (10-20years plus) usually contain a good amount of bass/bluegill.

for trout...
    S.F., M.F., N.F. of the American River (both brown and rainbow)< my favorite!!!
    Folsom Lake (rainbow)
    Jenkinson Lake (rainbow and mackinaw)
    N.F. Consumnes River (rainbow, but they're scarced, scattered and spooked)
    Ice House Area (rainbow and brown)
    Silver Lake/Caples?/Red Lake (rainbow)
    *there are a lot of streams/creeks in the Sierras where you can find healthy trout populations.

Hope these help, good luck!
    Last edited by Jfitalia; 04-21-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: racial remarks

Not sure about that Bass lake, But the other Bass lake is a great lake to fish and camp not to far from yosmite. I wonder why there are two lakes with the same name.

If you like Sierra trout, try Silver Lake after it thaws. Lots of fish, no fee to fish and very few fisherman on it. A must go to for me several times each year.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Vasiliym is correct..... I went there yesterday, no access anywhere and LOTS of NO TRESSPASSING signs. Bummer bigtime, the water looked good.
    I'm a native Nevadan, and even tho there isnt all that much water there 99% of it is free access. I'm having a tough time with Calif's "gotta pay everywhere" attitude. Got no problem paying for my entertainment but come on....... fishing is NOT supposed to be a rich man's sport!
    Any comments?

There are plenty of places in CA to fish for free. However a lot of lakes get business by stocking large trout and those cost money which means they need to charge. However you can backpack into hundreds of lakes for native trout or fish lakes with dfg stocked fish. If your after other species then you have the rivers, Delta and sloughs to fish for free.

Images

Any comments?

Bass lake by hwy 50 is a small private lake that is illegal to fish there. Fenced around and lots of no traspassing signs and no fishing signs. Sucks

I drive by the exit 20 times a year and I have never been there. I am anxious to read the responses. On a side note. I see a lot of decked out bass boats taking the exit in and out. Perhaps the name doesn't lie.

Images

Bass lake in el dorado county

I can find no information on this lake.
    Is it fishable? Worth fishing? If so what's there?
    I'm just getting familiar with the area around Sac...... Jenkins lake is UNBELIEVABLY beautiful and I get trout every time I go there, I tried Icehouse just before bad weather last year and love it. What other places are worth fishing in the sierras? Say within about an hour or hour and a half of Sac.
    Of course my long days are spent chasing the Dinos.

LOVE this forum.

Forrest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12