Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APEX LURE SIZE

Re: APEX LURE SIZE

Great set up. I got several Kokanee Killers UV pink stripe 1.5 yesterday at the Warehouse. They have a lot in. Thanks for info.

i talked to cptdarel today and he told me about this thread. i have been busy working on the dragster getting it ready for the new season and don't have much time for anything else right now.

all of my koke stuff has been ready to go since the close of last season.

for kokes, i have used the exact same setup, depth, etc. exclusively last year and mike (slf) and i did fantastic. i used the same spoon and the only change was to add a new apex as i lost one! that is it!

i was retying my rig after every trip after that.

all i could get was the trout killer but they do make them in kokanee special.

with the trout killer, take everything off as that is only a single hook setup. i tied a 2 and a 4 on and put some beads between the apex and the hooks. leader length is 22-26". 37-45' on the riggers with a 25-50' setback.

go get um!

here are some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by rc_mcfarlin
    i also have the 1.5 size with the pink stripe on it. * we will see if it works for me at whiskeytown lake this year. i know it works for *tc real well there
    Shhhh don't tell everyone, the'll all start doing it . I yak to TC almost daily on the phone, He has had a xlnt year with the 1.5 UV pinkie stripe fishing with Mike "Smellslikefish", getting limits before they finish a cup of coffee. But you know fishermen stories ;D
    just joking

Thanks guys. It's really great to have such a forum and be able to exchange what we have learned from our fishing experience. Sure saves a lot of time and money to be able to share such knowledge. I am going to buy a few more pink 1.5 UV Apexes to add to my collection. Off to the Fishermen's Warehouse in Manteca I go again.... They sure have a better selection of kokanee stuff than BassPro.

Hope to see some of you at Whiskeytown starting in May. I have a white 17.5' Spectrum Pro Avenger with a 120 Force (ugh) and a 8hp Tohatsu kicker.

i also have the 1.5 size with the pink stripe on it. we will see if it works for me at whiskeytown lake this year. i know it works for tc real well there

go with both sizes, I have had days that were superior on the 1.5's, but there were days where the small 1" caught more speices of fish , so It's hard to pin point what to buy. I run the same in both sizes, in the same color when the bite is rolling on that color and the big one usually outfishes the small one for kokes, bottom line is when they whnt movement, roll with the 1.5 apexes.

TW

kokaneemart.com

I have had my best success with the 1.5 size. There are days that they do want a smaller offering so having both isn't a bad plan.

Maybe Dennis or smells like fish (Mike Elster, who is a guide on the lake) can chime in on Whiskeytown success.

for me 1.5 hands down.

APEX LURE SIZE

Went to Fishermen's Warehouse in Manteca to purchase pink UV Apex's. They had two sizes (l.0 and 1.5). I fish for kokes at Whiskeytown. Anyone know what size works best there or does it make any difference ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12