Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 8 mile 1/21

Re: 8 mile 1/21

Quote Originally Posted by Team Mc Fishing View Post
    Well let me know when you are down there we can go chase king salmon and Stripers together!

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service
    Sounds good I'm sure I will be taking few weekend trips July and aug before camping in sept

Well let me know when you are down there we can go chase king salmon and Stripers together!

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service

Yeah we pulled third place in the trout derby at bear river reservoir in mid June. Spent plenty of time chasing Kokanee in the summer and kings and Stripers in the fall. Getting ready to take my captains test soon, I want to guide the river as well. Haven't heard from you in awhile Jed, how's things going? We were out of 14 mile slough getting more black crappie yesterday. Slow bite, jigs then minnows right at dark then it shut off again. I was teaching one of my Jr Pro staff kids how to do the techniques to catch crappie. He is hooked on that now as well!

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service
    Sounds like your planning on being full blown guide that's great you certainly know how to catch whatever it is your fishing for. My pc for some reason wouldn't allow me to get on the FS and before you know it long time passes but I can get on here with my iPhone but it is small typing lol. We're doing good up on the hill it's trout time. The crappies mouths are closed for awhile but our lakes are full. I just made my reservations for 6 days middle sept at vieras hopefully come by and camp, fish eat Okies shrimp and his famous meatballs while lineside plays his guitar. I love that place in sept.

CJ

Smile Re: 8 mile 1/21

I'm jealous.

Yeah we pulled third place in the trout derby at bear river reservoir in mid June. Spent plenty of time chasing Kokanee in the summer and kings and Stripers in the fall. Getting ready to take my captains test soon, I want to guide the river as well. Haven't heard from you in awhile Jed, how's things going? We were out of 14 mile slough getting more black crappie yesterday. Slow bite, jigs then minnows right at dark then it shut off again. I was teaching one of my Jr Pro staff kids how to do the techniques to catch crappie. He is hooked on that now as well!

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was near there a few days ago, scattered fish, holding on the edge of Coves during the incoming tides is the best. As soon as the tide starts to roll back out on larger tides it shuts off completely. If the tide is small enough to not move so much water, there won't be much change. But as for lures, mini roadrunner jigs in chartreuse with kalins bleeding Tennessee Shad pattern, then near dark we switched up to a bucktail jig maribou in white and blue with a small white round jig head. Just kept a few big ones and let several more go.

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service
    Nice looking Black Crappies. TMcF you get a chance this last summer spend time up at your favorite lakes on 88

CJ

Off 8 mile road, west of I5, first bridge, turn left just before going over the bridge. Paradise point Marina is the name of it.

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service

Where is Paradise ramp, I live in Sacramento area? Thanks,

We were also about 8-10 feet deep also on those fish about 30 very from the bank slow very slow subtle bouncing jigs on the bottom

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service

I guide the lakes primarily, I am in the length process to upgrade to being able to guide on the river as well. Crappie have just been a family favorite since I was a kid. Spent lots of time around that area on the family boat when I was a kid crappie, and catfishing.

Team Mc Fishing
    Guide Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast