Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Daiwa Lexa 300HS

Blog Entries

Re: Daiwa Lexa 300HS

A while back I called Diawa and told them of the problems I was having with the Lexa. They sent me kits that included new brass gears and washers. The only change I can see is that the spool gear is much better cut than the original. The kit also came with new lube and instructions to clean all the old lube out and replace it.

Both reels are now back to what they were when I bought them and functioning correctly. There was no charge for the kits or shipping.

If you have the original Lexa 300 and have a problem, just call Diawa and they'll send you the kits. It only takes about an hour to do the repairs.

Blog Entries

The repair worked and I can set the spool tension to where I like it but I'm still going to replace them. Hopefully they have a redesigned version.

Blog Entries

Re: Daiwa Lexa 300HS - problem update

As I prepped the piece to be epoxied I found that the knob was plastic with a threaded insert pressed or molded into it. The plastic failed and broke so perfectly even it first appeared to have been a separate piece.

I used my favorite and reliable JB-Kwick (6 minute version of JB-Weld) to repair it. It appears to be fixed but I'll wait the 6 hour cure time before I put it under tension. I'm taking my Steeze with me just in case.

You might be asking why I don't use the Steeze instead of the Lexa. It's a line capacity issue. With the low water conditions I stepped up to 14lb mono to try to avoid abrasion issues. I do a lot of mending and I don't like the way braid tip wraps on me otherwise I'd probably use it and the Steeze.

Blog Entries

It's been over a year since I bought the Lexa's and I just had my first problem. Its fairly minor but it still renders the reel useless.

The top to the spool tension adjustment knurled knob broke off. It was epoxied in place. I can still cast the reel using my thumb for control. I'll have to call Daiwa and order the part on Monday.

I found the problem while going over my gear in preparation for hitting the river in the morning. I'm lucky enough to have several spare reels,. It would have ruined my day if I didn't.

This is my first issue with this reel but because it involves a design defect and a failure in just slightly over a year, I'm dropping the reliability rating to a 5 from 10.

Quote Originally Posted by pdgs View Post
    The Lami SI I got is the 9' baitcast version. The spine is dead on the money and it's lighter than my IMX. I didn't weigh it yet. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I could yak about it but let me put a fish on it first and then I'll tell you about it.

For the price, the Lexa reminds me a lot of the Steeze. It does come in both left and right hand versions.
    Thank you and tight line

Blog Entries

The Lami SI I got is the 9' baitcast version. The spine is dead on the money and it's lighter than my IMX. I didn't weigh it yet. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. I could yak about it but let me put a fish on it first and then I'll tell you about it.

For the price, the Lexa reminds me a lot of the Steeze. It does come in both left and right hand versions.

i want this in lefty... been eyeballing them for a few weeks now...
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Quote Originally Posted by pdgs View Post
    I forgot that I promised and update on this reel.

I now own two of these and I'm very happy with them. The second one I got had was the HSP version. The "P" means power handle. This will be great on a Salmon rod but on my new Lami SI it makes it want to flop over on me because the rod itself is so light. I'll be ordering another standard handle so I can swap it back and forth.

As far as the reel goes, it is sweet! I have absolutely zero, zip, nada, nope not a darn thing to complain about.
    If you don't mind me asking how's the lami si saw it and was wondering how it feels was eye balling one. Sorry for being off the topic thank you

Very nice gear
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Blog Entries

I forgot that I promised and update on this reel.

I now own two of these and I'm very happy with them. The second one I got had was the HSP version. The "P" means power handle. This will be great on a Salmon rod but on my new Lami SI it makes it want to flop over on me because the rod itself is so light. I'll be ordering another standard handle so I can swap it back and forth.

As far as the reel goes, it is sweet! I have absolutely zero, zip, nada, nope not a darn thing to complain about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast