Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: American River and Fish and Game

Re: American River and Fish and Game

i think slippy likes me.. checked the last 4 out of 5 times on the drift and this time he even felt me up..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

The regulation is No motors upstream of ancil hoffman before April 15 and 5mph on the whole river all year.

aka SMOGGUY

Quote Originally Posted by Glow Bug View Post
    Got it, thanks. So the Sunrise launch is above that point so that is out. Looks like their is a launch at Howe which is below Ancil Hoffman so I guess that is OK for 5mph motors. Never having been there, I have no concept of what the river is like (just looking at maps on the web). Do people take 17 foot jet boats out on the American or is the river too small / not apropriate? Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question to you locals.
    Not a dumb Q,someone here will help,just be courteous to the bank guys an you'll make a lot of friends!!!Good luck with your Son!!!....Don

during the motor months i see quite a few guides put them on step in salmon season to get up riffles... i guess ranger and warden does not mind as i have seen them both watch them do it over and over again at upper sunrise... i see them usually put up river at 5 mph...
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Quote Originally Posted by thesavage1 View Post
    No motors from the powerlines at Ancil Hoffman and up and 5 mph limit below that. it's in the regs
    Got it, thanks. So the Sunrise launch is above that point so that is out. Looks like their is a launch at Howe which is below Ancil Hoffman so I guess that is OK for 5mph motors. Never having been there, I have no concept of what the river is like (just looking at maps on the web). Do people take 17 foot jet boats out on the American or is the river too small / not apropriate? Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question to you locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow Bug View Post
    I’ve never fished the American but am thinking about making a steelhead trip with my son. Please help me understand the “no boat motor” regulation. I don’t want to be like “that guy”. Are power boats OK downsteam of a certain point like maybe the sailor bar launch? I have an old jet boat I’d like to use but in the proper place.

Thanks.
    No motors from the powerlines at Ancil Hoffman and up and 5 mph limit below that. it's in the regs

I'm not so sure but I overheard someone said something at the warehouse today about 5 mile per hour limit and above ancil hoffman cannot have motor til April 15th or something.

"If you're not snagging, you're not at the strike zone. I lose 1 to 4 spoons every 2 1/2 weeks"

I’ve never fished the American but am thinking about making a steelhead trip with my son. Please help me understand the “no boat motor” regulation. I don’t want to be like “that guy”. Are power boats OK downsteam of a certain point like maybe the sailor bar launch? I have an old jet boat I’d like to use but in the proper place.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHighlands916 View Post
    Cal and I were right in front of him at the bank. Guy parked almost where we were drifting. What an a hole eh.
    that's when you cut your leaders off and start pinging 3/4oz weights off his boat!
    Last edited by Jfitalia; 01-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Images

Cal and I were right in front of him at the bank. Guy parked almost where we were drifting. What an a hole eh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast