Like Tree24Likes

Thread: AR Flows UP !?!?!?

Super Moderator

Re: AR Flows UP !?!?!?

Bitterness towards water management....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always wishin I was fishin!

seems like most topics regarding AR always end in bitterness...it's depressing.

Fished the AR on Sunday from 9-12am...flows were great, lots of kayaks and canoes out. Unfortunately there was a river otter on our hole and he was certainly getting some fish,smiling at me as he was Chowin down...Too bad for us tho, he scared whatever was left away. Oh well, was nice getting back to the AR, I don't fish it as much anymore for obvious reasons. We fished roe, worm, and a variety of lures.

Oh no. Here we go again.......

Matt

Blog Entries
    Images

Cool Re: AR Flows UP !?!?!?

You can skip salmon and steelhed season this year and 2015
    The American might be closed due to the water situation
    It startiing to look that way if rain is not in by October, and a Lot of it.

If they have a few inches of water, they'll try to get to the hatchery. It's just a matter of being able to legally fish for them if some freak closure happens, but I doubt that will be the case. Disease and lack of oxygen will also play their roles, especially if it doesn't rain off the charts like the farmers almanac says its supposed to during October. Time will tell.

The salmon will come! Let me sleep good guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What flows? I drove up Howe Avenue looking east, grass is growing where there use to be water.

Blog Entries

Banker nailed it. There's only one reason they increased the flows and it ain't for the fish.

Blog Entries

Ya it's been running for 2 weeks plus now. Historically, they always turn on the spicket at the same time every year. BS is pretty much the case. That water is for those idiots that planted orchards down south in the desert, and the politicians promised them the water. They are pumping wide open down in the delta where the water from the American and all the other tributaries ends up. And by the time the salmon show up, those farmers won't need any more water and they will turn it back off. Seriously, if you had any plans on having a good salmon season in the American this year, you can forget that. Like last season, they won't show til late and when the flows are low, you can be surrounded by hundreds of them and they will not bite. I feel privilidged that I had a great 30 some years fishing the American before those idiots in the desert killed the whole act. 60 to 100 fish seasons were the norm. We never went ot the Sac. Flows 2500 to 35oo were also the norm. I will prob try some at Sunrise since it's so close to my house but for the most part I will be somewhere between Elkhorn and the minnow hole on the Sac most of the time. It's really a shame what has become of the American

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast