Thread: Mepps Flying C

Re: Mepps Flying C

Those are really popular down in Freeport. I was down there one time while a guy was diving, and I bought a BOATload of newish looking ones from him for $1.00 a piece.
    Last edited by AnglingWes; 08-23-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by SMOGGUY View Post
    Thanks or the info,I believe Freeport bait are advertisers in the Sniffer print edition...Don
    Yeah they are, I see tons of Sniffers magazines in stuff in there. Always some new Sniffers print every time I go there.

aka SMOGGUY

Quote Originally Posted by poleposition View Post
    they come with a few different colored blades chartrues yellow,green, orange even pink yellow w/ black dots go to the tackle shop in freeport they have 8 or 10 different color types in the flying c and they do work great
    Thanks or the info,I believe Freeport bait are advertisers in the Sniffer print edition...Don

Quote Originally Posted by poleposition View Post
    they come with a few different colored blades chartrues yellow,green, orange even pink yellow w/ black dots go to the tackle shop in freeport they have 8 or 10 different color types in the flying c and they do work great
    Hmm, is the chartreuse blade hot chartreuse like Trophy Mepps series or just chartreuse yellow? Is it both front and back?

I have a few colorful cheapies with two blades that have caught more fish for me that my Mepps or Blue Fox’s. In my opinion two blade spinners are better as they move slower through the water which will decrease the chance of foul hooking and produce more vibrations that trigger strikes.
    Fishing, it's cheaper than therapy!

Thanks for the info Big One. That is a great idea with the nail polish trick. Have you ever trolled with one?

John

They became real popular on the Sacramento River in terms of using spinners off the bank. Number one reason - it has weights in them so you don't have to add a 1oz egg sinker, your swivel, and then your leader with the spinner on the end of your leader. But my question is, do they produce as much fish as other spinners I've used? Nope.
    There is always multiple things I don't like about it as well. And the most part is, the color is way too dull! The blade is either nickel or brass gold, and I'm not liking it as my catch ratio has dropped(I paint every single one of those blade with hot chartreuse nail polish and top it off with clear coating of nail polish - front and back). And it would have been better if the lure is 1 oz or 1½ oz instead of 7/8 oz. Other than that, they work...but Mepps needs to work on it a whole a lot IMO.

Mepps Flying C

Has anyone used a Mepps flying c before. I just bought a couple on a whim, I read a few things about them on the internet and saw some at walmart so I grabbed a couple. Also has anyone trolled one like a blue fox or silvertron? Thanks in advance.

John