Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGG ANT
  • 2 Post By white_cap

Thread: 2012 Salmon season proposal

Re: 2012 Salmon season proposal

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG ANT View Post
    You make a good point!!!......Personally, I couldn't bring myself to pay $100 for one fish. I'm sure some people will still go for the thrill of being on the big blue especially for those who don't own boats. Private boats will feel the sting a little also but not as much since they will be splitting gas and other expenses amongst there friends.
    Party boats are one thing but the sixpac charter guys are going to take a hit especially with the expected rise in gas prices over this summer. I may have to rethink all of my plans and just make one or two trips this year if we are limited to one fish per outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game View Post
    I will be curious to see what that will do to the pricing structure for Partyboats. On a good day it is conceivable that they could limit out in just an hour or so, and if you can only bring home one fish and it costs you $100 is it worth it for you to go? Personally, I would consider it, but I would wait for the bigger fish to arrive in the summer months. I'll wait and see.

Big Game
    You make a good point!!!......Personally, I couldn't bring myself to pay $100 for one fish. I'm sure some people will still go for the thrill of being on the big blue especially for those who don't own boats. Private boats will feel the sting a little also but not as much since they will be splitting gas and other expenses amongst there friends.

Images

I will be curious to see what that will do to the pricing structure for Partyboats. On a good day it is conceivable that they could limit out in just an hour or so, and if you can only bring home one fish and it costs you $100 is it worth it for you to go? Personally, I would consider it, but I would wait for the bigger fish to arrive in the summer months. I'll wait and see.

Big Game
    Fishing Defined: A Jerk on one end of a line waiting for a Jerk on the other.

I like it.

Not a great proposal, but not that bad. Out of the 14 I got out of the river last year all were over 26 inches. Don't remember seeing one smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

IMO, one is better than none!
    Retirement is just fun, just rippensomelips

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Fish View Post
    They want to have a one fish limit with a minimum size of 26 inches. God I hope this doesn't happen.
    I'm guessing ocean salmon right? Any news on the inland season? Where can this info be found?......Thanks!!

2012 Salmon season proposal

They want to have a one fish limit with a minimum size of 26 inches. God I hope this doesn't happen.