Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Damn Prop Fell Off. PSA

Interestingly enough my Merc does not have a cotter pin. They rely on a locking washer where you bend over a tab. I like the cotter pin better but its not what I have.
    DB

2. Likes Jetspray, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Damn Prop Fell Off. PSA

Sorry to hear the bad news. That is a pricey error for a $2 stainless cotter pin that wasn't installed.

At least you can upgrade your prop.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

4. Likes jjb, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Damn Prop Fell Off. PSA

Well here is the story. Bought a new boat (new to me) very excited about my 4 stroke outboard with almost zero hours on it. Take it out twice everything running well very happy with my new little bass boat. The third time out I am on a nice striper bite and boat about 5 fish quick. Need to reset my drift, fire it up give it some gas run to new spot and slow down, put it back in gear and nothing. Engine revs but not going anywhere. First thought is I broke a cable that engages the drive mechanism. Well I am close enough to home I can power back on the trolling motor. Get it on the trailer, go to put the engine up and wtf no prop. How does this even happen. Well the long of the short is do not trust the guy before you. The prop must have been installed incorrectly and I paid the price. The PSA check your prop make sure it has a locking washer and is installed correctly. Especially if you were not the one to install the prop that is on your boat.
    DB

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12