Re: shifter/throttle control

whitecap
    some more pictures

deep_six
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

whitecap

Thinking back, I can't think of any controllers I have had that did not have the throttle up feature. They did it different ways, Morse with the push pull button, Teleflex SL3 center push button and my Yamaha with a little seperate lever. Maybe you can find a repair kit from the manufacturer, so you don't have to buy a whole new controller.
    Good luck, a few pictures for you of my stuff.

deep_six

Post Thanks / Like

whitecap
    Here is my attempt to upload a picture of the SL3 controller. I had a few cups of coffee and some cold water on my face to wake up my old brain this morning.

deep-six

Post Thanks / Like

whitecap

The SL3 hooks up with the morse style cables. I installed it in my skipjack and it would be in it today had I not changed my seats and mounts. I guess I would sell it, had forgot all about it until I saw this thread and thought maybe your controller was an an old morse that was not working properly like mine was until I found repair parts.

I can send pictures via email, I am having problems figuring out how on this forum. Go to the Teleflex web site and look up the SL3 and see if it looks like something you would like, there are many different models and mounting types. The SL3 is a side mount, single lever, more modern style.

deep_six

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deep_six View Post
    whitecap

I have a skipjack open 1980 model that has the throttle up feature. It has a silver button you can pull out and the shifter does not move, throttle only. Push button back in and shifter and throttle work together, made by Morse. It is a single lever, side mount unit.

I have a Teleflex model "SL3" that has the throttle up feature that fit on the skipjack, it hit my after market seat mount going in to reverse so I had to take it back off. I luckily was able to find repair parts to fix the Morse unit from a junked boat. If you are interested let me know, I can send pictures of my Morse unit lever and the SL3. There are several options out there to fix your controller, my fix did not work because of the control lever shape, so I had to rebuild the original controller. Good luck

deep_six
    What"s up deep_six, will your Teleflex model work with morse cables? I'm interested if so.What are you looking to get for it? Pics would be cool as well.Thanks Austin

Post Thanks / Like

whitecap

I have a skipjack open 1980 model that has the throttle up feature. It has a silver button you can pull out and the shifter does not move, throttle only. Push button back in and shifter and throttle work together, made by Morse. It is a single lever, side mount unit.

I have a Teleflex model "SL3" that has the throttle up feature that fit on the skipjack, it hit my after market seat mount going in to reverse so I had to take it back off. I luckily was able to find repair parts to fix the Morse unit from a junked boat. If you are interested let me know, I can send pictures of my Morse unit lever and the SL3. There are several options out there to fix your controller, my fix did not work because of the control lever shape, so I had to rebuild the original controller. Good luck

deep_six

Post Thanks / Like

shifter/throttle control

Many stock and aftermarket controllers have a fast idle setting. Teleflex offers some cool control options that include a "warm up" throttle adjustment.

http://www.teleflexmarine.com/produc...h7500-control/

Post Thanks / Like

shifter/throttle control

The current shifter/throttle controller on our 24'open skippy,doesn't allow us to throttle the engine up in rpm's without being in gear. This sucks on cold mornings. Is there a different controller that would allow an idle circuit,so it could warm up without being in gear?