Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wide Open Stripers On the Delta!

Nice job guys! Love the video reports bro

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Ernie and crew! Love the "pick you up in 45". Those are fun ones.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Marlan View Post
    Sometimes the best trips are the ones that are not planned. Last minute decision to hit the delta because I kinda had a feeling.....clouds in the sky, good reports, and very little wind! Sent Fidel, my fishing partner, a text that said, "Just decided to go striper fishing want to go? Pick you up in 45 minutes." Picked him up and arrived at Lauritzen's Yacht Harbor at noon which allowed us to get the very tail end of the outgoing tide. I would guess within the first five minutes Fidel hooked and landed a nice fish that was probably in the double digits. Not long after unhooking that one and taking a picture he had his second one on! 1/2 oz Rat-L-Trap was the ticket! I was using a 3/4 oz and quickly made the change but it proved to be a little too late because the tide was dead and the bite was too.

We made a move to a spot that I know usually produces a couple of opportunities during the outgoing tide and I thought that there may be a couple fish hanging around. No such luck! Messed around at the 3rd spot until the tide started to move and I knew exactly where I wanted to be once that tide starting coming in. Made the move and the very first cast and BAM! got the bite I was looking for but I missed it. Probably a little anxious on the hook set. Fidel made the cast into the zone and Fish On! We ended up working this spot for a couple of hours and it was very very good to us producing multiple hook ups and plenty of doubles! There were a few small ones mixed in but most of them were quality fish! Here a short video...www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4U2zoeKw-s
    Nice, I haven't been successful using RAT-L Traps, what else are you guys using? Where are you fishing at, east or west side of Antioch Bridge?

Post Thanks / Like

Wide Open Stripers On the Delta!

Thanks for sharing!

Fish on!
    Always wishin I was fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

nice video, looks like a blast. cant wait to get out and about and get on some nice fish =)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill. I love this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by beldenbill View Post
    Good stuff Ernie. I'm glad you got you some

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Ernie. I'm glad you got you some

Post Thanks / Like

Wide Open Stripers On the Delta!

Sometimes the best trips are the ones that are not planned. Last minute decision to hit the delta because I kinda had a feeling.....clouds in the sky, good reports, and very little wind! Sent Fidel, my fishing partner, a text that said, "Just decided to go striper fishing want to go? Pick you up in 45 minutes." Picked him up and arrived at Lauritzen's Yacht Harbor at noon which allowed us to get the very tail end of the outgoing tide. I would guess within the first five minutes Fidel hooked and landed a nice fish that was probably in the double digits. Not long after unhooking that one and taking a picture he had his second one on! 1/2 oz Rat-L-Trap was the ticket! I was using a 3/4 oz and quickly made the change but it proved to be a little too late because the tide was dead and the bite was too.

We made a move to a spot that I know usually produces a couple of opportunities during the outgoing tide and I thought that there may be a couple fish hanging around. No such luck! Messed around at the 3rd spot until the tide started to move and I knew exactly where I wanted to be once that tide starting coming in. Made the move and the very first cast and BAM! got the bite I was looking for but I missed it. Probably a little anxious on the hook set. Fidel made the cast into the zone and Fish On! We ended up working this spot for a couple of hours and it was very very good to us producing multiple hook ups and plenty of doubles! There were a few small ones mixed in but most of them were quality fish! Here a short video...www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4U2zoeKw-s

Last edited by AnglingWes; 04-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.