Post Thanks / Like

Re: alumaweld stryker 18' ride master vee w/ 115/80 jet

Honestly, try Oregon/Washington craigslist. That area specializes in the aluminum boat trade and you'll find out more info that you'll ever want to know from the dealers/fisherman in that area.

I just bought a 22' Hewescraft SeaRunner in December and there's not a whole lot of options in California when compared to crossing the border.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun1 View Post
    well i was looking at putting the 150 HP on but per coast guard they wont put a 150 on that boat
    so
    kinda stuck with the 115 HP

more input would be great

Thanks again
    I take it this boat is brand new!It's a good boat builder etc.this setup is bad.Follow Tim's advice(Sac performance Marine) an Steves advice(PDGS)!!!It's underpowered an with that hull you won't be able to go in a lot of places other I/O jets go,you won't have the speed an you will draft to much water!!!JMO....Alumaweld makes great boats but the combo your lookin at is wrong!....Don

Post Thanks / Like

well i was looking at putting the 150 HP on but per coast guard they wont put a 150 on that boat
    so
    kinda stuck with the 115 HP

more input would be great

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely agree with Sac. The bottom on that boat is designed for an improved ride and it's ability to handle rougher water. It's not the best design for an outboard jet.

I agree the 150 would be the better choice . The 200hp Optimax Sport Jet would be my choice.

Other than that, the Alumawelds are well built boats. They had a few problems with cracked welds several years ago and that problem got attached to their name. From what I've been told, they're using pulsed spray transfer mig now and that problem is gone. One of the other things that they had to contend with was people not knowing the difference between AlumaWeld and AlumaCraft. AlumaWeld got some really bad PR from that but none of it was true.

I like them and I would buy one. I've owned Starcraft, Western, North River, Pavati, Willie and Jetcraft and I'd put the Alumaweld somewhere between the NR and the Jetcraft.
    Last edited by Line Stretcher; 05-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My preference in a windshield jet would be for an inboard pump. If your not in a open sled or center console, the additional expense of enough outboard horsepower to make the boat work right is going to be more money that a nice little v6 and a 2 or 3 stage pump unit. It will be a far superior jet boat as well.
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, having sold Alumawelds for a few years and having a bit of know how on aluminum rigs.... that 18 would be a good set up with a 115 prop. With a 115 pump it will be underpowered in all but the lightest of loads. If you really need a pump, step up to a 150. The ride master bottom works well, and does actually ride very well, but it's a bit more V than a traditional 6 degree that I would prefer to see if you are running a 115 pump on a 18 foot hull. Stryker hull is a bit heavier than a typical open sled, has more windshield and interior weight.
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: alumaweld stryker 18' ride master vee w/ 115/80 jet

I like mine, had it since 2004 and been around with it a bit. Not too many boats can take shallow water or quick stops........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

yes to all the above

i know vague

but i intend to use this boat for all the above activities

the boat will perform better for some of the activities and not so much for others but i hope this will be an all around boat

at least i am told that it really is the best all around boat for the buck (34,000) + tax LOL

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the Sniffer shotgun! One thing that may assist in your quest for answers is describing how you intend on using the boat (ie, lake, river, salt, trolling, bait fishing, recreation, etc). We have many alum boat owners with a vast degree of knowledge and always good for sharing an opinion

~RNP

Post Thanks / Like

alumaweld stryker 18' ride master vee w/ 115/80 jet

well hello all

so im thinking abotu buying this alumaweld stryker 18 w/ 115/80 jet ride master vee bottom
    j
    ust curious what you all think about the boat
    curious if anyone locally owns one (modesto area)

PROS
    CONS
    OPTIONS
    ETC

let me know what you think
    its a huge purchase for me and i want to know everything about it
    and what you all think about the boat
    shoot you can let me know about the boat you own that might be similar to this one

thaks ahead of time for all your feed back