Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Verona Sat March 8th and 11th

nice heat...way to stick another one...thanks for the update...disregard that pm.

Post Thanks / Like

That was Paul and I in the 24' boat releasing the fish in front of the marina about 930am...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, did you leave a float on the anchor line? If so, it's possible to retrieve that sucker. If not, you could always drag the bottom to try to retrieve the line.

Take a 4-5 ft length of chain and form a loop. Secure it to a line. Lower the loop down the tight anchor line from directly above the anchor. Hopefully you can entangle the anchor in the chain and pull the anchor from a different direction that the shank and free it.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Hook Verona Sat March 8th and 11th

Started a little late Sat. On water at 7 am after hitting Elkhorn Bait. A decent amount of boats on the water. I anchored up at the mouth of the rivers about 15ft of water. I quickly observed keeper size fish breaching the water. Action was slow however. Logs and debris were almost intolerable so be careful. I was hit with a several hundred pound log that almost ruined my day. Another boater was almost taken out a 40ft branch pulled his anchor line down and lifted his I/o board prop out of the water. Around noon I had a solid sturgeon pump. I set the hook and it was on.... Well briefly the fish made a run right at the boat and shook loose. Shortly after the boat next to me had a nice take down. He had better luck with his hook set and it was on for him. They were using anchovies and striper fishing. Needless to say he had lighter tackle that wasn't up for the fight. After about a 100 yard run & 1 jump out of the water his line snapped. Shortly after a boater anchored closer to the Feather side hooked up with what appeared to be a legal fish. They pulled anchor and chased him past the launch. After a nice little fight I observed them release a fish that was pretty close if not just over legal. I heaed in around 2 pm with no fish of my own.

Headed out again today. The sturgeon fever is in me. I need my 1st keeper of the year. This time with a mate on board we headed out to Verona again. Started late around 1 pm. Taking advantage of day light savings time. Much less large debris today but the current is still carrying a lot of grass and leaves which will cover your weight and swivel every 15-20 minutes. The fish weren't as active today. No fish seen jumping. Maybe we just missed the magic hours. Slow fishing several moves & no luck at all lost my favorite anchor to boot. Anchor cost me 75$. We hung up on the sac side just up from the mouth and near the slough that comes from the fields. We tried and tried but couldn't shake it loose. After nearly sinking the boat I made the call to leave it.

Headed out again tomorrow. Perhaps down south further to Merrits Landing or Freeport. Still on the search for my 1st 2014 keeper Dino. Ill keep you posted. Thanks for reading be safe and keep those lines tight.

Team Snishin
    Justin Johnson ~Lip Ripping Real Estate Broker.
    Love to fish love to sell.
    Call me if you want to buy or sell a home or rip lips.
    FISH ON!
    916-380-0565

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234