Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: two rods for sturgeon fishing

That person must be able to cast out the rod as well. I've seen many DFW that uses this method to find out who's really fishing and who isn't.

:)
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying that for me FW. Well be at KL again this weekend and will have a report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckyraider View Post
    So when fishing say 3 people and 6 rods does each rod have to be designated per person? Can i grab a friends rod and land and tag a keeper? For instance this weekend if either of my rods gets bit im telling girlfriend to grab it. It will be her first. Legal or not legal to do? Thanks for the info. Theres nothing wrong with this thread. Its a healthy debate and needs to be had.
    That's all fine, LR, as long as she is legal to fish. She needs to be licensed, with appropriate tags and 2-rod permit, and all limit/possession rules are complied with.

Assuming all 3 are legal, anyone can fish any rod.

Post Thanks / Like

So when fishing say 3 people and 6 rods does each rod have to be designated per person? Can i grab a friends rod and land and tag a keeper? For instance this weekend if either of my rods gets bit im telling girlfriend to grab it. It will be her first. Legal or not legal to do? Thanks for the info. Theres nothing wrong with this thread. Its a healthy debate and needs to be had.

Post Thanks / Like

Just trying to answer the OP's question.....and the answer is...Yes you can use 2 rods with the stamp in "inland waters"......And if you get lucky and hook a double....just release one prior to reeling in the other and your good!

Post Thanks / Like

Well where can you use 2 rods and where is it legal to use 2 rods are pretty much the same question in my book..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsd View Post
    is it legal to fish for sturgeons using two rods?

This was the original question?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's a great example of why those questions shouldn't be asked here. I think some valid points have been made in this thread to make the OP think twice about what he is doing.

So many fish.....such little time
    Always wishin I was fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

As I was reading this I got a return call from a nice lady who works in the warden dept. She said if you use 2 rods and hook 2 you better figure out a way to land 1 and release it before landing the other one or you could be cited....and that would be solely on the wardens discretion? But she did say if you have 2 in possession at "any" time you have broken that regulation and subjected yourself to being cited and trying to explain it to a judge?

Post Thanks / Like

True. But the original question was where can you use two rods. And the awnser is if you are fishing for sturgeon you can use 2 rods east of the carquinez bridge. Somewhere along the lines we tried to take a simple question and make it difficult.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast