Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: two rods for sturgeon fishing

It was a women who told me about the 2 rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seebass View Post
    I was told by a warden at the ISE in sac that can only use 1 rod while fishing for sturgeon...
    He's wrong as two left shoes.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a warden at the ISE in sac that can only use 1 rod while fishing for sturgeon. I also met some people that I have seen use more than 1 rod and drag a 100 lb fish on there boat, which is a no no .

Post Thanks / Like

Makes perfect sense, Reel Fun Big One. I was thinking of adult, licensed anglers.

RNP, thanks for reposting that from RF. At first, I thought I was misreading it or RF misunderstood me.

Post Thanks / Like

Those who carries a fishing license(or looks old enough to do things themselves), more than likely a DFW won't ask them to cast out their rods. It's really the kids that their parents/guardians who takes them fishing, and none of them can really cast or even reel in the rod(without a fish on of course). So as what RF explained - 6 rods, 6 kids, and a fisherman. I can almost guarantee the DFW will ask them to cast a rod. Sometimes people try to find loop holes to have more rods in the water.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Post Thanks / Like

This thread just gets better and better. Ive decided im going to have a little casting seminar at KL next time for the ladies. Thats a good point regarding casting ability and the warden.

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Fun View Post
    I agree (shocker!) I think DFW is concerned when a guy has 6 kids on the bank crapping & pissing every where and then has 6 rods out....one for each 5 year old kid and says he is only using one rod? If you are on a boat you need a license for every rod and if there is more rods than people you need 2nd rod stamps to account for extra poles.
    I have nothing to add but thought seeing RF agreeing with simeone was worth reposting...just in case he changes his mind and delets it. HAHAHA!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I agree (shocker!) I think DFW is concerned when a guy has 6 kids on the bank crapping & pissing every where and then has 6 rods out....one for each 5 year old kid and says he is only using one rod? If you are on a boat you need a license for every rod and if there is more rods than people you need 2nd rod stamps to account for extra poles.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed! I've been on party boats where some folks can't cast. The crew casts for them. No problem. Same if someone's physical limitations prevents them from casting...they can still fish, i.e. the elderly or disabled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    That person must be able to cast out the rod as well. I've seen many DFW that uses this method to find out who's really fishing and who isn't.

:)
    I disagree (respectively) haha

What comes to mind for me is fishing downriggers.. there's no guide or boat owner that lets 6 strangers handle there 600$+ downriggers.

I think this thread is getting overthought a bit. Casting another persons rod is like netting their fish, its all assisting

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast