Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motion Sickness?

While your at it, combining methamphetamine with a large dose of Dramamine will help counteract the drowsiness...

Post Thanks / Like

Mescaline helps because you'll be too busy thinking your melting into the ocean and having a conversation with the porpoise elders to worry about getting sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitecap View Post
    Go to Costco and get the mescaline.
    that'd be wild if they sold that at costco

Mescaline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Costco and get the mescaline. never ever had anyone get sick on it. no drowsiness. Beer always helps too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkhornsun View Post
    My wife had great results with scopolamine when it could be bought in the USA in tablet form. The one company making them decided to stop selling them so now they avoids going out on the ocean. The transderm patches are formulated to work on anyone so a 300 lb. person and a 80 lb. kid are getting the exact same dose. If someone is moderately prone to motion sickness and on board I let them take the helm and keep their mind busy. A boat with a no smoking policy helps as their is nothing worse even if you don't get motion sickness than being downwind of a cheap cigar along with diesel exhaust fumes. Some people are helped by the wrist bands that send a small charge and they are not expensive and might help. A friend would spend the night before we went out sleeping on my boat and it made a big difference in how he felt when out on the water the following day.

you buy the equivalent to scopace online from Australia, its called kwells. pill form of scopace is great.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife had great results with scopolamine when it could be bought in the USA in tablet form. The one company making them decided to stop selling them so now they avoids going out on the ocean. The transderm patches are formulated to work on anyone so a 300 lb. person and a 80 lb. kid are getting the exact same dose. If someone is moderately prone to motion sickness and on board I let them take the helm and keep their mind busy. A boat with a no smoking policy helps as their is nothing worse even if you don't get motion sickness than being downwind of a cheap cigar along with diesel exhaust fumes. Some people are helped by the wrist bands that send a small charge and they are not expensive and might help. A friend would spend the night before we went out sleeping on my boat and it made a big difference in how he felt when out on the water the following day.

Post Thanks / Like

Zentrip; sounds like something that would have mescaline, not mezcaline in it LOL.
    Enough with the joking as puking your guts up until there is nothing but yellow stomach bile is certainly no laughing matter. Having been there and ruined some great trips, what I have learned works for me is Bonine(or the generic). I take a pill before bed and then another dose in the morning. I have found that taking a dose before bed is crucial to the meds working in my case. I have tried the patch with minimal benefit. Ginger tea only produced good flavored chunky gushers. I have tried electronic wristbands that shoot small electrical pulses on the wrist. This was just a tingling annoyance as I grabbed the rail and heaved.
    So, just my opinion of what I found works and is not meant as medical advice. Talk with the doc about options. This is what has worked for me after much experimentation. I am so confident now that I may even be bold enough to try another Bodega bay rockfish trip. Anyone remember going to Cordell banks? That was a favorite place of mine to exercise a technicolor yawn. What angered me was getting back on the dock and suddenly feeling better until I was handed my sack of charity fish. That will teach a guy humility, LOL.
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't mentioned before , one could go to the Dr and ask for Scopace... from what I've seen it will cure motion sickness even after you get it.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can find it - Zentrip.

It's the same active ingredient as bonnine. The difference is in the application - its a melting blotter for fast absorption, and is the only oral medication I've seen work after the fact. I did a Farralons trip a few years ago and there was some sick pups on board. Gave them a dose each, and within 15 minutes - ready to fish. Excellent stuff!
    HKSLAYS MULTIMEDIA FISHING

Post Thanks / Like

One experience I had on the ocean and took motion sickness pills as well. Threw up for a little over 6 hours. Next outing I got used to it. I think some people just gotta endure it sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast