Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing in San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydraper View Post
    Fishing is just an entertainment and refreshment to our mind and body because we enjoy the beauty of the nature well
    Very touching words to live by. :)

2. Likes Jeff E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydraper View Post
    Fishing is just an entertainment and refreshment to our mind and body because we enjoy the beauty of the nature well
    Well said

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, that was very helpful. I'll start doing my research closer to the dates that I decide on.

Post Thanks / Like

You wont be looking at six packs, it'll be a cattle boat. 1/2 day to 1 1/2 day for inshore to somewhat offshore. there are a few three day trip that get a little ways south of the border. Anything longer than a three day is when your getting into Long Range trips. When the time gets close jump on a boat that has a price that is in your price range. Where is going to depend on where the fish are being reported, I'm assuming your wanting Pelagic's, but hitting the islands for Yellowtail and Calico would be a option. There several landings to head out of and you'll want the closest to fish with the best boats. There are ****ty Captains and don't have good reps, so when your down there ask around and follow the catch reports. The same Skippers will be the high liners. It's completely different then up here, the boats sell food and drinks while your on them, multi day trips can include food and you pay more. You can do a lot of fishing, but you'll have to decide how much time and money you want to invest. The last two years have been epic because of all the warm water that got pushed up because of El Nino, this year may be different, time will tell. Go to BD outdoors and sign on, tons of Socal info and bite reports to help decide. Some of the socal guys are dicks online and on the boats ignore the asshats and some will help with your questions. This should help you start with your researching. Because there's so many landings and boats and the fishing is so varied it would be hard to say where to go this early in the year,,,gregg

7. Likes Jeff E, dilbeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in San Diego?

It looks like i'm going to have to take a summer college class so I don't think i'm going to be able to go to Florida like I planned. Anyone have experience in fishing in SD? I am open to all seasons and suggestions for guides. Big party boats or six packs, I just want to get on some fish and back on to land.