Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which entrance for Montezuma Slough

[QUOTE=Seachaser;1110042]I am boating in, launching from Benicia. I like to hit Mcavoys for bait, so either entrance works for me. I will be trolling and bait fishing. What do you look for in water clarity to choose which side. I am not looking for any ones honey hole just trying to se

Water temps are such now that trolling will be more difficult as the strippers are slowing down in the cooler water.

Post Thanks / Like

I am boating in, launching from Benicia. I like to hit Mcavoys for bait, so either entrance works for me. I will be trolling and bait fishing. What do you look for in water clarity to choose which side. I am not looking for any ones honey hole just trying to see if one side is more desirable then the other and why. Thank you all for the advice.

3. Likes Neallko, reelnfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the same advice. Both can be productive and have a variety of depths, currents and structure. Open water or dead end sloughs close by.

Up side is you've got good opportunities close by either way. Just depends on the day in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very broad question. They're both very productive for both depending on time of year, rain, river flows/temps/clarity ect. The one thing to note, if you launch in Monty and fish the Collinville side, you'll have to deal with the locks and the hours they open/close. If you give us a little more info we can help you get the more specific answers you're looking for.
    2016 23 North River
    250hp Yamaha SHO
    9.9hp Yamaha
    Lowrance/Simrad

Post Thanks / Like

Which entrance for Montezuma Slough

Hi all,

I was wondering which entrance of Montezuma Slough do you all fish for Stripers or Sturgeon , Grizzly Bay or Collinsville. I am going to post the same question on the Sturgeon as well. Thanks in advance.