Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Smoker recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by kentatas View Post
    I would love to suggest masterbuilt is one of the best choices that you can consider after Bradley...
    I had one in the past and I agree with WD about the puck thing. Right now the pellet thing is getting more attention, that is why I chose the Traeger direction. There are so many new types on the market to purchase. I also use a separate remote thermo. to check the meat temps and have two of them to do so. I have given away 3 smokers in the past because they just did not work that well and you had to baby sit them too much. On days that you have a ton of folks coming over and both the smoker and BBQ are in full operation you just can't spread too thin if you are loosing memory with age, now why am I in this room........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes OYD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoker recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Traeger is what I have and love it.
    Thing so far about the Traeger is that it is adjustable and you can fine grade your old chips to add into the mix, I bought a cheapo black & decker food processer at WalMart to do that, so far no plug ups as long as it is mixed in.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    If you want high quality and you want to spend the $$$ go with cookshack. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure they start around $700 for a small one. They are very good smokers. Masterbuilt makes good dependable smokers for about half of the cost of a cookshack. Best bang for the buck.
    The bradly is simple and easy to use, works good I am told, but I personally don't like using the puck things. I like using wood chips and I often mix different wood chips for different flavors. Can't do that with pucks.
    Go with electric as they are simple, easy and reliable.
    I would love to suggest masterbuilt is one of the best choices that you can consider after Bradley...
    It is cool to use little chief and masterbuilt electric smoker to make smokey food! Yummy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Leftover smoked meat always seems to taste better doesn't it? The smoke flavor really stabilizes throughout the meat.
    I agree Dave, things generally blossom as they age, kind of like you and me. Hey you are a great cook and love the stuff you post.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whalonem View Post
    I actually cut the meat off the bone on the ribs I did not eat at the first sitting and added some BBQ sauce heated them up and placed everything on a nice fresh Hawaiian burger bun. Got to say it was very taste. Whalonem
    Leftover smoked meat always seems to taste better doesn't it? The smoke flavor really stabilizes throughout the meat.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

7. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually cut the meat off the bone on the ribs I did not eat at the first sitting and added some BBQ sauce heated them up and placed everything on a nice fresh Hawaiian burger bun. Got to say it was very taste. Whalonem

9. Likes ampm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Relag View Post
    That seems like an awful long time to cook, i would just throw it in some oil on the stir fry.
    Dude, you're going to stir fry ribs?? Ok i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

That seems like an awful long time to cook, i would just throw it in some oil on the stir fry.

12. Dislikes CRABBY disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    How long do ribs take with your process?
    I do 3 hours at 100, another hour at 150, then finish for an hour at 200, so 5 hours total. I add the 2nd batch of chips when i bump it to 150, then a few more for the last hour but i dont think the meat absorbs much after it reaches 150.

Post Thanks / Like

How long do ribs take with your process?

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast