Post Thanks / Like

Re: My son wants to catch a Catfish on his birthday!

Great looking spot! I'll have to check that out too!. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoveToFish1985 View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. My son recently caught his very first catfish and now he's constantly watching catfish fishing videos. He wants to go catfishing on his upcoming birthday and I am not sure where to go. We're open to shore or boat fishing. He's mentioned Knights Landing a couple of times but again... I am not sure where to go. Can anyone provide some advice? I've heard good things about Clear Lake but that's a little farther than I want to drive. I'm thinking possibly Feather, Sac or American River. Does Folsom Lake offer any decent catfishing? What about Comanche or Pardee? I'm thinking chicken liver, mackerel or something stinky!! Any and all advice is very much appreciated. His birthday is Friday July 21st... thought about going somewhere where we can fish all night long!!
    Knights Landing is a great spot, here are the directions to the actual river / spots : https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Knig...38.7997029!1m0

Hopefully you encounter some nice anglers who can point you to the right direction there, there's usually a few people there fishing, There are some Huge carp down there too.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think one of the semi protected sloughs in the delta. A little wind keeps the bugs at bay. A lot of wind can get nasty. At night a boat for safety. Don't stringer your fish over board . That's fur bag bait. The delta has more fish options. Don't take what I say wrong K L area would be my second choice.
    I have caught more Catfish in the sac. river / delta than any where else.
    Good luck
    C
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Clear lake is a drive and I know there have been reports of algae issues, but it is probably your best bet in all of northern California for size/quantity.

5. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On your list I would go to Comanche, stick with the classics Anchovy, Shad, Mackerel, sardines and Chicken livers.
    If you did end up going on the Sacramento, salmon will be open so you could night fish for cats and salmon fish a couple hours before heading in. Sacramento slough above Verona would be worth a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My son wants to catch a Catfish on his birthday!

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. My son recently caught his very first catfish and now he's constantly watching catfish fishing videos. He wants to go catfishing on his upcoming birthday and I am not sure where to go. We're open to shore or boat fishing. He's mentioned Knights Landing a couple of times but again... I am not sure where to go. Can anyone provide some advice? I've heard good things about Clear Lake but that's a little farther than I want to drive. I'm thinking possibly Feather, Sac or American River. Does Folsom Lake offer any decent catfishing? What about Comanche or Pardee? I'm thinking chicken liver, mackerel or something stinky!! Any and all advice is very much appreciated. His birthday is Friday July 21st... thought about going somewhere where we can fish all night long!!