Post Thanks / Like

Re: Missing Kayaker-Salt Springs Reservoir

Depends, deputies happened to be in the area when the call came in so I believe they were on scene quickly. SAR probably staged at hwy 88/Ellis to see how many responders they had and to organize plans for the search. However, depending on the time of the year, response time could be hours.

Post Thanks / Like

all important people have keys to access, for the LEOs and we had one at one time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    Not sure if subject is in water, reported as a fall with shoulder injury, responders are staging at 88/Ellis, requesting gates to be opened.
    I'm curious as to response time for SS? I also wonder how long they waited for the gate at Ellis Rd. to be unlocked? I ask these things not to criticize but to make myself and others aware of the unique dangers of the place. I would imagine the response time is in hours not minutes at best except for CHP air unit. I also wonder if the helo can operate during the crazy winds that place gets to make an extraction.

Poor guys shoulder injury was probably from paddling his butt off trying to reach the launch.

I have verizon cell service and it does not work anywhere in that canyon. The only service I get is along 88 corridor and its spotty past Pioneer.

4. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR also had a second call in the same area at the same time, hiker had cell service and contacted sherriff, CHP helo picked him up near Tanglefoot trail, not sure if he was lost or had problems.

Post Thanks / Like

That lake is no joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God. Too many tragic accident recently. Makes me think about how I do things. Sure it does for others too.

Thanks for the good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like this will end well, just remember, Salt Springs is NOT a place to test Mother Nature, no matter how experienced you may be!

9. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Responders on scene, subject (27 year old male) has made it back to camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if subject is in water, reported as a fall with shoulder injury, responders are staging at 88/Ellis, requesting gates to be opened.

Post Thanks / Like

Missing Kayaker-Salt Springs Reservoir

Search and Rescue (SAR) personnel being dispatched to Salt Springs for a missing kayaker, they have requested a boat and dive gear, does NOT sound good.

Person is reported to have a shoulder injury, unsure if SAR has located subject.