Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Camper quaility

Thanks, looks like I have to increase budget to around 20-22k to get what I'm looking for. Just missed by a couple days getting a 10' Bigfoot with a full slide, dry bath, it appears these units are the unicorns,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Camper quaility

Hi I have and Eagle Cap 1060 double slide and pull it with a 2011 Chevy dually. I also pull a 20 ft Boulton with and off shore bracket, so I am pulling about 25 feet of boat including the motors behind my dually and do so with no problem. I use a four foot stinger on my truck that clears my camper adequately. We also have a young and rambunctious Pudelpointer that stays inside. The great thing about the Eagle Cap is the storage and floor on top of the pickup bed rather than in the bed. It is more like a motor home than camper. We regularly run from the Central Valley to Oregon and have no issues in pulling that big of a rig. We put the camper on the ground when we reach our destination and use the truck to get around. FYI Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Truck Camper quaility

Been looking at at a few for awhile now. We have a older Lance camper, no slide. Way past time to upgrade. Kids are grown, so it's just Lisa and I and our two Vizsla's so a 101/2' camper with at least one slide is good. I haven't eliminted a 11 1/2 camper totally, but since we will be towing our 6000lb boat at times, the 10 1/2 makes more sense I think. I'm drawn to Host brand, they have a 10 1/2 with a dry bath, and their construction seems good. I cant buy new, but a budget of around 15k is where I'm looking, trying to stay at 2007's and newer. They are out there, may have to take a trip to go get one, but that's ok with me. I have looked a some Lance's also. What about Eagle Cap, lots of them out there. Any of you guys have some solid knowlege about how they are built, and hold up. Should I add them to the search? Buying a used truck camper is always a gamble, but no way I'll spend 50k on new, nor could I on my retirement. Our truck is a Ram 3500 Dually 6.7, so hauling a big camper is not a problem,,,gregg