Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulging neck disc

I also suffer from bulging discs in my c3,4,5 area of my neck, as well as narrowing of the nerve endings and degenerative di sc disease. I found all this out after tearing the labrum in my right shoulder from a overhead lifting accident. After having my shoulder repaired i had numbness all the way down to my right hand for years, and can still not sleep on my right side. I've had tens treatment, massage therapy, vicodin,etc. I never tried the shots cause i was told its just a temporary bandaid. Getting hurt sucks, and workers comp doesn't pay ****!! Cold days are a bear on my neck, especially taking the boat out and fishing in the bumpy winter days. Just my 2 cents on pain and getting hurt. Necks and shoulders are complicated, and I sympathize with anyone that has injuries in these areas. All I can say is try and be strong, and cherish what you have to enjoy in life. Happy holidays, and cheers to a prosperous New year!@

2. Likes CrappieJed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a really bad one. Got hit head on in 2003 in a 60 mph impact.

Went through everything that has been mentioned here. Massages a couple times a month helps me the
    most. Physical therapy didn't do anything but keep me in more pain. Surgery was a 50/50 chance of success. Cortisone shots helped till my body started getting use to them so I don't get them that often. 800 mg ibuprofen and the two monthly massages is really what keeps me going and living with it. Bulging disks Sucks!
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

4. Likes CRABBY, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Just recently went through this exact same thing myself. It took about 6 weeks of physical therapy, twice a week to get the shoulder blade pain under control. Now, I have some shoulder socket tendonitis but just going to live with it for now.

Physical therapy involved a lot more than just doing exercises. Massage, ultrasound and TENS (electrical stimulation)
    Oh really wow sounds like a lot to do. I start physical therapy on the 27th. Weird how painful the shoulder blade gets, its actually the worst of all the pain. I hate the pins and needles but the blade thing is outrageously painful. I find myself at a corner of the wall in my living room trying pull my shoulder blade away from my shoulder trying find relief. Don you guys are right maybe I should show my therapist that video before I do it. My wife says I could do something I may regret.

6. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just recently went through this exact same thing myself. It took about 6 weeks of physical therapy, twice a week to get the shoulder blade pain under control. Now, I have some shoulder socket tendonitis but just going to live with it for now.

Physical therapy involved a lot more than just doing exercises. Massage, ultrasound and TENS (electrical stimulation)

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRABBY View Post
    Pondmn is right...I have some issues with my neck but my main problem is my back,bulging,herniated discs etc.at the lower end,I was lucky an had a good Dr.from the git go an he sent me to a neurosurgeon an after a few MRI's an different neurosurgeons the good one I ended up with (Dr.French) explained how the spinal column functions and the problems generally associated with it are addressed an they sure didn't include watching u tube for advice on treatment...I didn't need surgery at that time,even though several Dr.'s said I did before I saw him.Epidural shots have worked for me since 1999,I'm find as long as I get em,but for several years now I've passed on em an now it's catching up to me but is bearable an at about $1000's ++ ea. an a very unpleasant experience I'll deal with it for now...Bottom line,forget u tube an go see a real Dr.
    Saw the doctors, saw the neurologist had the MRI. Their the ones saying get physical therapy get on a exercise regiment. Try get the pain and all the numbing etc to subside before getting the shots in my neck or surgery. My budging disc in my neck is caused by bad posture and arthritis. I thought maybe some of you had exact problem and the u tube video shows an exercise thats been used before. I dont want the shot or surgery but the pain is at times intense. Im starting those exercises in the video today. Cross your fingers, I need to be able to net WD and Okies trout at the Collins fest lol

9. Likes Waterdog, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pondmn is right...I have some issues with my neck but my main problem is my back,bulging,herniated discs etc.at the lower end,I was lucky an had a good Dr.from the git go an he sent me to a neurosurgeon an after a few MRI's an different neurosurgeons the good one I ended up with (Dr.French) explained how the spinal column functions and the problems generally associated with it are addressed an they sure didn't include watching u tube for advice on treatment...I didn't need surgery at that time,even though several Dr.'s said I did before I saw him.Epidural shots have worked for me since 1999,I'm find as long as I get em,but for several years now I've passed on em an now it's catching up to me but is bearable an at about $1000's ++ ea. an a very unpleasant experience I'll deal with it for now...Bottom line,forget u tube an go see a real Dr.
    Last edited by CRABBY; 12-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have numbness you most likely have a pinched nerve also. She went to therapy for six weeks and it helped a lot, although she does not have a bulging disc. You should probably see an orthopedic doctor to find out about the numbness. Long term nerve damage can lead to serious issues.

12. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    Any of you have this problem?
    http://youtu.be/gt93KtPDLPo

im studying on if I should have the Cortizone needle shots in the neck disc or laser surgery. It’s freaking painful right shoulder, shoulder blade, arm, hand, and fingers with pins and needles and going numb.
    I've been getting a cortisone shot in my right shoulder about 2 times a year,
    when I move it in acertain angle it is really painful. got a docs apt the 27th
    gonna get a shot, after the new year,i'm going to orthopedics doc to see if
    they can fix it whatever is hurting. I think its either amuscle or tendon.
    got my stress testyesterday to check for blood blockages. if it aint one
    thing it's another.
    be safe
    Last edited by okie; 12-23-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulging neck disc

Any of you have this problem?
    http://youtu.be/gt93KtPDLPo

im studying on if I should have the Cortizone needle shots in the neck disc or laser surgery. Its freaking painful right shoulder, shoulder blade, arm, hand, and fingers with pins and needles and going numb.