Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dicks sporting goods went full retard

Quote Originally Posted by redneckpunk View Post
    Every one be been to down here (citrus heights, Orangevale and Roseville) have emptied the shelves and have a note taped on the glass that they are no longer selling ammo in Calif. Used to find the cheapest prices locally on 223 ammo so I always grabbed a couple boxes each time i went. I need to head up that way I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I shoot a lot so I buy in bulk whenever I see it go on sale. I'm not sure what your options are for that in California though. Sportsman's warehouse maybe? I have a 35 gun Liberty safe and I try to keep it stocked.

2. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every one be been to down here (citrus heights, Orangevale and Roseville) have emptied the shelves and have a note taped on the glass that they are no longer selling ammo in Calif. Used to find the cheapest prices locally on 223 ammo so I always grabbed a couple boxes each time i went. I need to head up that way I guess

May just be your area,gonna be there in a day or two an will verify it's all good but no reason it should change that quick..

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRABBY View Post
    Big guy,the Walmart here in Linda/Marysville was/is selling ammo one week ago.
    It's all behind glass doors an locked,gal say they are getting new special made cases for more.Even pellets an BB's were locked up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    Saw it on the news this morning. Laughed my arse off.. Have you ever been in a Dicks store.. They pretty much suck.
    My goodness, an owner with a conscience and some level of logic, which you ostriches seem to ignore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dislikes Waterdog, CRABBY, USED 2 B IRON, Merle disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are ya'll still dickin around this here ahhh..... topic

8. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iíve been to a Dickís Sporting Goods once, and I could take it or leave it. I wasnít expecting much, itís a big box sporting goods store. The Dickís in Folsom, the week they opened, did surprise me with the selection of bass tackle. Everything else was like Sports Authority. As mention, their guns and hunting Section was a disappointment and their new policy will have zero effect on California Dickís stores because they werenít selling ďassault style weaponsĒ (note the name change by libs and the media, knowing their previous identification wasnít selling well with the public, much like how global warming suddenly became climate change). And their ammo Section left much to be desired, with limited supply and prices that arenít close to competitive.

A little secret many donít know about Dickís is they supply many other retailers with different products through their distribution, warehousing and supply chain. So next time you decide to skip Dickís for their policies, you might want to find out where your second choice is receiving their merchandise from.....you might be surprised.

As far as WalMarts new ammo and gun policy, again here in California, it wonít have any effect. They stopped selling guns several years ago and they stopped selling ammo on January 1st when the state mandated ammo retailers have specific licensing.

Big guy,the Walmart here in Linda/Marysville was/is selling ammo one week ago.
    It's all behind glass doors an locked,gal say they are getting new special made cases for more.Even pellets an BB's were locked up.

10. Likes USED 2 B IRON liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Dicks sporting goods went full retard

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Uhhhhh "midget" we prefer to be called "little people" or "vertically challenged". I'm offended
    I am offended as well, I am 6 ft 5 inches and there are many shorter than I am. It does not matter to me at all, I still have many of them as friends. Everyone is complex as humans.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

12. Likes CRABBY, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Dicks sporting goods went full retard

Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    Dicks sucks did when they opened up here and still do to this day unless you want to buy spandex and baseball or foot ball crap. fishing stock is all cheap junk hunting shooting area blows big time so dicks can just go piss off even more as far as I am concerned. Walmart I refuse to even step into one of them dumps. Rude people out of control brats running all over no thanks. Workers who wont wait on you sorriest place I ever seen.
    Many of the WM stores in California suffer from what you describe, the one's I went to there certainly did. Not so much here. We have close access in both Carson City and Gardnerville, those stores are very busy. I frequent the closest one to me, mainly because of the prices and needs. I have praises for most of the employees here and many of them are senior citizens and very helpful. Being on a limited income WM is huge in the price area. I do frequent other stores in town as well Smith's, Raley's, Grocery outlet, Dollar General, and even the Dollar or 99 cent store in Minden. I think the quality of customers varies in all of them. We have many Californian's that travel to Gardnerville for goods as well. The first day WalMart opened there was a double wide line going all the way across the store to the Sporting Goods area just to buy ammo..........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

14. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

.................................................. ....
    Last edited by USED 2 B IRON; 03-01-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    A couple points. First people should follow their convictions and their conscience, what you believe in. If you believe you should not patronize a certain business due to your philosophy, religious beliefs, moral beliefs, values or what ever, then you should be true to your self and boycott the business. It doesnít matter if you avoiding a certain business has any effect on it or not. You need to do what you think is right, follow your moral compass. It is your moral imperative. Not trying to be philosophical, but I see fewer and fewer who are people of conviction. Nuff said.

As as far as businesses refusing business to certain people we know it doesnít matter if there is a law or not. Try refusing business to certain groups like lgbt, people of color, Muslims, midgets, or most any other group for what ever reason and you will be sued and get your a$$ handed to you in court. Maybe an appellate court will over turn the decision but your business is basically done. Your business can stand on principle but your business will be crushed.

As far as boycotting Dickís for their decision not to sell scary looking guns any more , for me at least that may not be reason to not patronize them, Iím not sure. But itís a decision I donít have to make Because I donít like Dicks and donít go there anymore cause I just donít like the store. The one in Elk Grove is useless as far as hunt/fish/outdoors.

Uhhhhh "midget" we prefer to be called "little people" or "vertically challenged". I'm offended

17. Likes Waterdog liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast