Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance NMEA Cable

I haven't used them, but I've seen other boats on here where they have and look real good. I think the clams are the best and neatest way to deal with a hole that needs to be sealed.

Re silicone - in my opinion, its good for some things, but for holes through the transom, I would want to at least put a coating (or 2) of epoxy on the inside of the hole, just in case some water gets in there cause you really don't want water in the inner layers of your transom. Silicone to seal the hole after - ok. Something like Lifecaulk is better, but harder to remove later.

Cutting and splicing the cable that goes to the LGC 2000 is pretty straightforward as long as you're comfortable with what's required to do a good job. The cable to the transducer carries an analog signal and so needs to be a MUCH better quality of connection than what you can get away with elsewhere. Even a tiny issue in the splice can vastly affect its performanc

Post Thanks / Like

Okay... if anyone has a Lowrance Hook 9 mounting bracket with knobs and is looking to connect their fish finder to their vhf lets make a trade. To be clearer about the cable I have: its a power/data cable rolled into one plug. The standard power plug for the back of the Lowrance and on the other end is two separate cables. One cable is your standard power wires for the battery and the other cable has four wires coming out of it. Those wires are data in-a, data in-b, data out-a, and data out-b. Those datacwires connect to your fix mounted vhf to make DSC calls with gps information from your Lowrance unit. Again, no special plug required on your unit this is a direct upgrade to your standard power cable.
    I started a thread about two years ago asking for advice on my Hook 7 that was freezing. I ment to update everyone but it always slipped my mine to call Lowrance until now. Unfortunately, I called two months after my insurance was up. I got a replacement nine inch screen with no bracket or knobs which is weird because the nine was 20 dolars less than the 7. So if anyone has a bracket please let me know and I’ll buy it off you if you don’t need the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yearroundfisherman View Post
    I ordered one. Amazon lost it during shipping. I contacted them and got a replacement with free one day shipping. Then two of these cables showed up.
    I only need one so if some one wants it come pick it up for $15. Located in Sonoma. Works with the HDS and Hook. It might even work with the elite but I haven’t tried.

PM sent
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance NMEA Cable

I ordered one. Amazon lost it during shipping. I contacted them and got a replacement with free one day shipping. Then two of these cables showed up.
    I only need one so if some one wants it come pick it up for $15. Located in Sonoma. Works with the HDS and Hook. It might even work with the elite but I haven’t tried.