Post Thanks / Like

Re: Full Moon/Cold Front Stripers

Looks like a great day on the water with a little chop. Love the smiles on the kids
    If you think you have a bite set the darn hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Full Moon/Cold Front Stripers

Promised my granddaughter Rae that I would take her fishing after I got back from the trip to Siskiyou Lake. My grandson Avery and his buddy jumped onboard along with lisa. Splashed the Valhalla around 545am at Russo's and headed to SJ. Wind machine was already starting up, blowing cold morning air, and water was off color so we made a couple passes for nada and went searching for better water. East to a couple spots that have paid out for me in the past and started picking up a fish here and there. It was a morning of too close to legal size to gamble to keep until Rae kicks the skunk off with a chunky 3 maybe 4lber. Then it was the boys turn to add a couple more fish to the box. Tough bite with the bright moon shining all night and this low pressure slowly passing thru, really has slowed the bite. There's fish around, marked them all day, just won't commit. Drifting live bait right now may yield better results. Still brought home enough fish for every one to take home. I really enjoyed watching my grand kids fish and work the deck from the comfort inside of the Skippy's Pilothouse sipping on hot coffee with a little baileys mixed in of course. Hopefully there still a push or two of fresh fish yet to come thru,,,gregg
    Attached Images Attached Images