Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plug Report 5.05.18

Nicely done!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plug Report 5.05.18

Good job out there and thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Plug Report 5.05.18

Quick trip with my new friend Rob. We are both signed up for a flying fishing bass tourney the end of this month, so we decided some practice was needed. I haven't fly fished in 10yrs so the rust was pretty bad. We started off at grey light with Rob throwing a pole dancer fly and I was using my conventional gear and 6" DWB plug. We had action pretty quick with Rob sticking a small striper and bonus bass on the fly. I had some huge followers, 20-30lbs, come up and roll on the plug but none stuck. I finally found some biters on the second drift and boated 3-4 schoolies to 4lbs.

Around 8am the wind kicked up and made throwing the flies impossible, so we both picked up the gear and continued to plug away. Second cast for Rob and he instantly hooks up on a pencil popper. The fish put up a great fight and we boated Rob's new PB striper at 16lbs. He sheepishly tells me "man this topwater on gear is pretty fun, I think I'll have to buy a set up to mix in with my fly rods" . Lol

We scrathed at em for another hour and moved down river. The last stop of the day we found some bass willing to eat some topwater. Rob caught two on a small popper fly. I hooked an lost a big 7-8lb largie on the whopper plopper! That one hurt.

Back at the dock at 11am and home in time for my sons baseball game.

There's definitely still some fish around, you just have to move around a lot to find the clean water and willing fish.

DELTA WOOD BOMBERS PRO STAFF