Re: New reel

My problem with buying a new reel is that
    I reel left handed.Ive noticed thru the years that
    certain reels that I would buy are not left
    handed.So i'm at a disadvantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Haha I told you man. I'm up to three now.
    Me too .... And might pick up a 4th now that you can find them for 150.00 if you shop around . I also own a New Chronarch MGL but it takes a back seat to my Curado K's .... There's really Not a whole lot of difference between them other than the spool and the number of bearings in the MGL in hand you'll never notice any of them . I haven't had any issues with my K's they're still smooth as the day I got them and only need a drop of oil on the new brake systems once a month no matter how much I use them . The MGL on the other hand is not as maintenance free or at least mine isn't , it needs a drop or two after every use ... if not after a few casts it grinds and becomes noisy . So if your considering purchasing an MGL , think twice before you spend the extra 130.00 , maybe buy 2 Curado Ks instead ....
    Had the Curado K been on the market prior to me purchasing the MGL there is no doubt I'd never bought the MGL .. If your looking for a lower cost Shimano casting reel ... the Citica is hard to beat , I have two Citica G7s Rt hand 7:1:1 upgraded drags and bearings I'll let go for 100.00 ea shipped .. Pm if your interested....

Post Thanks / Like

I have one k, a couple 70’s, and a couple 200i’s. The k is an awesome reel, very smooth and has the gear size to handle big fish. I love the 70’s. I use them for throwing rip baits on 8 and 10 lb floro as well has 20-30 lb braid for my topwater spooks and poppers. They are small and easy to palm while ripping or working a spook. One reel that is at a great price point that I would recommend is the casitas 150. It’s $100, got it on sale around Christmas for $40, wish I would have bought 5 of them. Smooth, casts a mile and not a budget breaker.

4. Likes Grncrestliner liked this post
    Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shimano engineers realised they weren't going to win a bearing war, so they invested a lot in gears. They make the best gear set in my opinion ergo the smoothness.
    Hopefully abu follows suit

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I Know that different makes and models of reels
    are different prices.
    And I know that some guys who fish pay big
    bucks for a reel.
    To me a hundred dollar reel is high dollar
    and I try to keep it at that.
    I do have 1 of the original curados that I got
    from Cabelas for99.95 and I still use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I don't know how many people on here watch Matt Allen and Tim Little's videos but I do. Usually around the holidays they do a review on equipment in all price ranges. One comment they made this past year was if a high dollar reel is not in your budget don't try one. You will only drool over them and your other reels wouldn't seem as nice as you thought they were. I didn't buy a Shimano Metanium but I did buy a new Curado K and it has some of the features of the higher dollar reels. It is now my smoothest reel. I am impressed so far. No I haven't fished it yet but I have made a number of cast out in a mowed field. I put 50 pound 832 on it to use as another all purpose reel.
    Do you think I can buy a couple more without my wife noticing??

Haha I told you man. I'm up to three now.

8. Likes honksrworkn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New reel

I don't know how many people on here watch Matt Allen and Tim Little's videos but I do. Usually around the holidays they do a review on equipment in all price ranges. One comment they made this past year was if a high dollar reel is not in your budget don't try one. You will only drool over them and your other reels wouldn't seem as nice as you thought they were. I didn't buy a Shimano Metanium but I did buy a new Curado K and it has some of the features of the higher dollar reels. It is now my smoothest reel. I am impressed so far. No I haven't fished it yet but I have made a number of cast out in a mowed field. I put 50 pound 832 on it to use as another all purpose reel.
    Do you think I can buy a couple more without my wife noticing??
    Last edited by Grncrestliner; 05-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.

10. Likes QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post