Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's fishing where on the salmon opener

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    I am kinda of literal guy, so when I can't find the area where I would fish for Salmon I ask questions. Its not that I didn't look, maybe I don't know the maps as well or because I didn't see where I want to fish for salmon listed, I just asked. I didn't mean to cause a problem.

It's no problem....And that's why I copied and pasted for you the reg's from the 2018-19 Cal. Supplement- central valley Salmon which are new rules for this year including ocean and inland rivers...www.wildlife.ca.gov/regulations. The regular 2018 Cal. fresh water reg's didn't have out the new "1 Salmon limit". The section I copied for you included the opening date that you originally wanted..and the 'area where this applied' for you to fish Salmon plus more. I have no problem doing this for people not aware of the reg's or the Cal. Supplemnt reg's. You can look up the 2018-19 Cal. fresh water and the Cal. Supplement central valley Salmon reg's too online when you have time. If you fish the Amer./Feather rivers, look those up too. It's important for anyone to do this especially if they're new to the area, just starting to fish and even for experienced fisherman in this area!. You can find copies at bait stores and Walmart sporting departments.
    Last edited by Mark1; 07-18-2018 at 06:35 PM.

2. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    I am kinda of literal guy, so when I can't find the area where I would fish for Salmon I ask questions. Its not that I didn't look, maybe I don't know the maps as well or because I didn't see where I want to fish for salmon listed, I just asked. I didn't mean to cause a problem.
    All I said was you should read the regulations. Fish take varies on certain rivers this year. Don’t take it to heart. People can give you the wrong info like 4’ leader restrictions when its 6’. That’s why it’s best to look at regulations yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    If you looked at the regulations on DFW website it'll tell you. If you didn't know the date I'm sure you don't know the regulations that changed.

5. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It does suck that with the higher flows comes the warmer water .... I think that the fish already in the Feather system these higher flows should get them moving to the outlet for some of that oxygen rich water ..... It's got to be cooler than the Trinity was a few weeks ago ... I've never fished warmer water for Salmon ... Like Luke warm bathwater ..... Although I did have a hook up on roe but I screwed up , gave it a half ass hook set cuz I'm out a practice and lost it fairly quick ..... Just long enough to feel a few head shakes and he was gone .....
    Good Luck in the Morn .... be Safe ....
    FISH ON ....
    Here's the link to real time flows for Thermalito Outlet ... http://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/...0&span=12hours

7. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that’s pretty ignorant water management.
    I agree, but the farmers have money and the fish don't.

9. Likes honksrworkn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IronClad View Post
    It would be if the entirety of the 4500cfs was being sent down the lowflow of the feather, once it splits off to go to the afterbay then dumped back in the river further down it warms it considerably.
    Wow, that’s pretty ignorant water management.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s crazy. Would’ve thought the opposite.
    It would be if the entirety of the 4500cfs was being sent down the lowflow of the feather, once it splits off to go to the afterbay then dumped back in the river further down it warms it considerably.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey916 View Post
    Not from the Feather it seems... The higher flow...Directly correlates with high water temps all the way through Freeport..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    That’s crazy. Would’ve thought the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

Not from the Feather it seems... The higher flow...Directly correlates with high water temps all the way through Freeport..
    Wouldn’t higher flows mean cooler water?
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

not when the majority of the water comes out of the warming pool ( afterbay)

15. Likes monkey916, honksrworkn liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast