Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brads cut plugs colors

Get the full size ones.
    For color, hot tomale and the glow one with cow spots worked good in the morning. Once the sun was up, blackjack was the most consistent color I noticed getting bit.
    I rigged mine with 30lb line and a bead chain coming out the back with a split ring and 3/0 or 4/0 gamakatsu big river hook. For me the single hook was easier to deal with... and didnít tangle up with other cut plugs in my box. If you can find the 2 packs that come unrigged you pay $1 more for a second cut plug.
    I put tuna fish inside mine with a squirt of procure bloody tuna on it. I drain a can of tuna in oil and add some sea salt. Fish on!
    Itís better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

You only need 1... Rotten Banana...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

3. Likes KERPOW, QueenAnnesRevenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a general assortment of colors will work. I buy the two packs with no hooks and tie my own set up. I like a single siwash out the back and a treble on the front hook.

5. Likes Aloha3126 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    Iíve use wonder bread, twisted sister, and ones that are predominantly chartreuse. They all produced. I have probably 15 different colors if ones Iím trolling donít produce.
    If one will not produce change maybe look at the original Brads behind a flasher also been working for the last 10-15 years.

Post Thanks / Like

hot tamale (red with gold glitter) and the rotten banana are good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Iíve use wonder bread, twisted sister, and ones that are predominantly chartreuse. They all produced. I have probably 15 different colors if ones Iím trolling donít produce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bruegger View Post
    What size and colors of Brads Cut Pkugs have success during the fall run on the Sac?

I have been hardheaded and stuck to flatfish, jigs and spinners but want to try the Brads this yr. Thanks
    The first thing I would do is get the large sizes. Biggest one they make. The 2nd thing I would do is cut out the hooks and leaders, and throw them as far into the trash as you can. The hooks that come with the plugs are garbage. I prefer the owner cutting edge treble hooks.

#3: For color, I would start with black jack, the hot tomales, and the (I cant remember the name) plug that has the chrome, cheartreuse, and red on it. Those plugs were my top ones that caught fish for me last year.

There are others that work well, but those are my favorites to start out with.

Rich

10. Likes Frank Bruegger, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brads cut plugs colors

What size and colors of Brads Cut Pkugs have success during the fall run on the Sac?

I have been hardheaded and stuck to flatfish, jigs and spinners but want to try the Brads this yr. Thanks