Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walker River regs....I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ANGLER View Post
    How do you access the W Walker by Marine Corps Base? Can you park by the wooden corrals just West of the Base?
    You can assess the West Walker at the Sonora Bridge. Just park above the bridge and head upstream. Just above the Marine Base there is a dirt road that goes down to the California Trout Management area. The road is blocked at the parking area. You can walk and fish the river for many miles.

Dirt Road at Trout Management Area.

I wouldn't park near the Base. The Marines are a vigilant lot. I'm just sayin'

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Yep. Regular season now. Off of 108 good spots are Sonora Bridge and the Trout Management area just West of the Marine Corps Base.

CC
    How do you access the W Walker by Marine Corps Base? Can you park by the wooden corrals just West of the Base?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    I guess if they don't stipulate restrictions then there are none. Is this the correct area to the south of Topaz (below)? I was also thinking about trying the area of Hwy-108.

(Mono County) from the confluence with the Little Walker River (Hwy.
    395 bridge at mile marker 96) downstream (north) to the inlet of Topaz Lake.
    Season:
    Nov. 16 through the Friday preceding
    the last Saturday in April. Only artificial lures
    with barbless hooks may be used.
    0 trout
    Yep. Regular season now. Off of 108 good spots are Sonora Bridge and the Trout Management area just West of the Marine Corps Base.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if they don't stipulate restrictions then there are none. Is this the correct area to the south of Topaz (below)? I was also thinking about trying the area of Hwy-108.

(Mono County) from the confluence with the Little Walker River (Hwy.
    Season:
    0 trout

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    CC....that’s what I thought but when I looked at the regs it says both seasons are barbless and artificial and either 1 fish limit or zero. I hate all these regulations and various parts of the river that are opened and closed at different times of the year. I think DFG make sure it confusing just so they can write tickets
    You are confusing the E. Walker below Bridgeport with the W. Walker. Different waters.

205) Walker River, East Fork (Mono Co.) From Bridgeport Dam to Nevada State Line.
    Season: Last Saturday in Apr. through Nov. 15. Minimum size limit: 18 inches total length. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used. NOTE: BOW AND ARROW FISHING FOR CARP ONLY IS PERMITTED.
    1 trout

Season: Nov. 16 through the Friday preceding the last Saturday in Apr. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used.

6. Likes muledeer12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CC....that’s what I thought but when I looked at the regs it says both seasons are barbless and artificial and either 1 fish limit or zero. I hate all these regulations and various parts of the river that are opened and closed at different times of the year. I think DFG make sure it confusing just so they can write tickets

Post Thanks / Like

During the regular fishing season, last Saturday in April until November 15, the limit is 5 fish per day bait and lures can be used. From November 15 until the season opens in April the area of the W. Walker from the 395 bridge down to Topaz Lake is open to C&R fishing with barbless hooks and zero limit. Hope this helps.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Since its past the last Saturday in April and not yet November 16 my guess would be that your ok now. But that's just a guess I'm sure those that fish it will have more better knowledge...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Walker River regs....I'm confused

Some of you guys have stated there are no special regs on the West Walker which I consider the river south of Topaz Lake. I just looked them up and it states artificial & barbless from Topaz to the 395 bridge (mile marker 96). WTF am I missing? Trying to plan a trip and I don't want to get anyone in my party a ticket.

Am I just looking up the wrong area??? Please help if you know where I can find the correct info.

(205.5) West Walker River o County) from the confluence with the Little Walker River (Hwy.

Season: