Thread: Beardsley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beardsley

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrsides View Post
    Yea that still won't get your boat to the launch ramp tho..problem is the people allocating what gets spent where don't care about your fishing..Beardsley day use and launch ramp free..not generating any $$ for the FS...wouldn't be surprised if that changes when the money does get spent...agree that the Stan NF has been grossly mismanaged and they are indeed backlogged and behind..we have been let down by those put in charge of taking care of OUR lands..when it comes to PUBLIC lands the public has fallen to the bottom of the totem pole...calling to complain sounds good until you realize your complaining to people that don't give a sh!t!!..focus gets put on pot grows cause money is allocated according to how many plants get pulled each year..(more plants= more funding)and not by how many people visit Beardsley or Donnells..they claim it to be due to "cuts"...but its truly a matter of mismanagement of funds...write your Senator...the problem is bigger than the road to the ramp...the whole damn system is broken!!

I know we are veering into politics, but this is exactly right. The standard problem with government agencies. They don't give a **** about the needs/wants of the public. They have no reason to give a ****, they get paid the same, have the same budget, whether they hustle and open a damaged road in one month, or whether it takes them 20 years. So they default to whatever makes their own lives easier, which typically means closing areas to the public and leaving them closed.

Not to be even more negative, but I don't think even writing senators is going to help. State/Federal bureaucracies are pretty much their own entities, full of entrenched bureaucrats with job security who are pretty much immune to outside pressures.

2. Likes muledeer12, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Illegal pot farms? That's bussheet. The Stanislaus National Forest district is one of the worst in the state as far as managing the land, resources and personnel. ACOE built that new day use area and ramp for million of dollars and there has been zero effort to fix the road to it. After the Rim Fire in 2013 it took them three years just to unlock gates on public land. Last year they had no problem letting all the trucks in past those gates to repair Hell's Half Acre, so it could continue to be used by the logging truck/companies, granting them keys to the gates, but locked all the hunters out. There is so little forest management going on up here it's sad. Take a trip over the pass and the forests are managed beautifully, great brush and tree thinning all along the main roads, well maintained roads, good enforcement and just overall healthier and better looking forest.

The ramp is still inaccessible. Call and complain. 209-586-3234
    yup a good 4wd and a little research will get you a long ways.
    Yea that still won't get your boat to the launch ramp tho..problem is the people allocating what gets spent where don't care about your fishing..Beardsley day use and launch ramp free..not generating any $$ for the FS...wouldn't be surprised if that changes when the money does get spent...agree that the Stan NF has been grossly mismanaged and they are indeed backlogged and behind..we have been let down by those put in charge of taking care of OUR lands..when it comes to PUBLIC lands the public has fallen to the bottom of the totem pole...calling to complain sounds good until you realize your complaining to people that don't give a sh!t!!..focus gets put on pot grows cause money is allocated according to how many plants get pulled each year..(more plants= more funding)and not by how many people visit Beardsley or Donnells..they claim it to be due to "cuts"...but its truly a matter of mismanagement of funds...write your Senator...the problem is bigger than the road to the ramp...the whole damn system is broken!!

4. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owlman2 View Post
    I don't know about Donnell and Beardsley, but I know sometimes they will say lakes are closed due to storm damage, when in actuality there are ways to get in. I am talking specifically about the Amador and Stanislaus districts.

I have no idea how much of their time is tied up with pot grows or not, but I do know that getting roads open to allow public access is so low on their list of priorities that it does not even register. So, if they are telling you a favorite fishing spot is "closed"...I would recommend scrutinizing Google Earth or whatever and seeing if you can find a way in. Often you can, but they won't tell you that.
    yup a good 4wd and a little research will get you a long ways.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Donnell and Beardsley, but I know sometimes they will say lakes are closed due to storm damage, when in actuality there are ways to get in. I am talking specifically about the Amador and Stanislaus districts.

I have no idea how much of their time is tied up with pot grows or not, but I do know that getting roads open to allow public access is so low on their list of priorities that it does not even register. So, if they are telling you a favorite fishing spot is "closed"...I would recommend scrutinizing Google Earth or whatever and seeing if you can find a way in. Often you can, but they won't tell you that.

7. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Illegal pot farms? That's bussheet. The Stanislaus National Forest district is one of the worst in the state as far as managing the land, resources and personnel. ACOE built that new day use area and ramp for million of dollars and there has been zero effort to fix the road to it. After the Rim Fire in 2013 it took them three years just to unlock gates on public land. Last year they had no problem letting all the trucks in past those gates to repair Hell's Half Acre, so it could continue to be used by the logging truck/companies, granting them keys to the gates, but locked all the hunters out. There is so little forest management going on up here it's sad. Take a trip over the pass and the forests are managed beautifully, great brush and tree thinning all along the main roads, well maintained roads, good enforcement and just overall healthier and better looking forest.

Yep, every year drive by Groveland FS maintenance shop in Sept or Oct. They usually have a huge mountain of drip lines they pulled and 55gal drums stacked up from all the illegal pot farms in the forest.

A good friend has a cabin over in Fahey meadows. Last 8 yrs he has seen activity all summer long, guys on quads at night, 55 gal drums and drip line scattered thruout the forest if you know where to look.

And the road to Donnell dam has been closed for 2yrs yet they allow the power folks to use that road for access to the dam but claim its damaged so no public access.

Now thats Busheet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

10. Likes MtnFisher, chubbswheeler liked this post
    Dislikes Jfitalia disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with 2 rangers in person last fall. The USFS is very behind and backlogged in maintenance & repairs. The wet winter 2 yrs ago damaged many rds. Plus they have to divert resources to pulling out illegal pot farms and cleanup every year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MtnFisher; 07-13-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Beardsley

Don't think so call the Mi-wuk ranger district. Last I heard road to ramp was closed due to winter storm damage, and nothing gets fixed up here in a timely manner.