Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Lake

We did a bunch of sit fishing with sliding bobbers over there in the past, looks great........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of cool looking

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle Lake

Talk about flat as a pancake, and drop dead beauty. Those pic's are why we fish and keep looking for fish.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Flat calm and warm today. Was on the water by about 8 and off at 12:30. I was hunting the fish down and didnt find them till late in the morning. They are holding deep but in close to shore. Tomorrow will be better but fish or not, nothing beats being on the water dragging lines.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; Yesterday at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle Lake

OK, check gear, check food, check safety equipment, get ice, bring sun screen too, Oh and BTW bring socks......Jetspray

7. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Barometer is back up. The bite should be good tomorrow. FAC today. Pics are of the north end of the balcony of the cabin I just moved to.

While I was waiting for the cabin to be cleaned I went over to the Spaulding ramp and there was a guy in a glass roundabout I/O that was stuck in the mud. He turned south way too early and got out of the narrow channel. It took a while to get him off the mud and he brought it in and hauled it out.

You can launch but you have to go straight out until you hit 3 ft of water and then turn south and stay out in the middle all the way to Pelican and the when you hit 5 ft of water turn and go through pelican and you'll be in better water. You have to go down the west side to get to Shrimp Island and stay a ways out. Theres a ledge you can follow that can hold fish. I'll give it a run coming up from the south tomorrow. I cant launch at Spaulding, theres not enough water to get my boat off the trailer let alone get out through the channel and I know where the channel is. Fishing reports will start tomorrow.

9. Likes GW208, Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Been dealing with the monsoons here at the lake. Barometer is swinging all over the map and the bite has slowed way down. This should all be gone by Tuesday and things will get back to normal.

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve's latest report gave me some hope, the lake level has risen....Jetspray

http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/inde...;boardseen#new

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    what he said is very much working after calling my buddy up there, he got two really nice fish today.
    Steve is a very good fella about using things that most likely do the job, I would never question his ability myself. I have used oil can grubs in the past around this time of year myself. I will be going to Angler's Edge today when they open to get some. I have little knowledge of fly fishing presentations myself but the folks there will give me what I need........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I will take your advice and tie up a couple of them type set ups, won't bring any Pyramid type gear this time.......Jetspray
    what he said is very much working after calling my buddy up there, he got two really nice fish today.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast