Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Lake

Went ot Angler's Edge and talked to Liz about how the lake was and what a privilidge it was to fish with the folks in the know about the lake. Glad to hear that Val came through too, that Whaleback fire sucked.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of looks that the wind is lower the rest of the week. Say hello to Val for me she is a great gal......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Eagle Lake

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    They are finishing up containment and mopping up. Folks in Spaulding should be able to go home on the 8th. They're putting a big generator in for Spaulding since they cannot fix the power lines for quite some time. Vals house is fine but her vehicles got hit with retardant and there will be a lot of cleanup to do. I may go up and help with that.
    WTG Steve, thanks for the info, glad to hear Val's place is still standing....Jetspray

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

They are finishing up containment and mopping up. Folks in Spaulding should be able to go home on the 8th. They're putting a big generator in for Spaulding since they cannot fix the power lines for quite some time. Vals house is fine but her vehicles got hit with retardant and there will be a lot of cleanup to do. I may go up and help with that.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    Thanks Dave, they are lifting the evacuation order for the camp ground areas but are keeping the order in place for Spalding. Everyone has their fingers crossed as we enter a Red Flag fire warning with high winds and low humidity. There are still trees burning in the interior of the fire that could carry embers as far as a mile away. Cross your fingers and ask the man above to be merciful.
    Found out my nephew switched jobs back to teaching, guess his new wife does not want him to play with fire. It was really smoky all over today, from Susanville all the way to just in the valley coming out of Carson City, just a ring of smoke around us but still in the air. They had some fire information posted outside of Safeway but it is not updated....Jetspray

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Steve I am going up today for my sister-in-law's birthday in Susanville. I will see what my nephew knows when I see him (he's in the service for the fires)..Jetspray
    Thanks Dave, they are lifting the evacuation order for the camp ground areas but are keeping the order in place for Spalding. Everyone has their fingers crossed as we enter a Red Flag fire warning with high winds and low humidity. There are still trees burning in the interior of the fire that could carry embers as far as a mile away. Cross your fingers and ask the man above to be merciful.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve I am going up today for my sister-in-law's birthday in Susanville. I will see what my nephew knows when I see him (he's in the service for the fires)..Jetspray

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a red flag warning through Saturday. If we can get through this we might able to breath easier.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like full containment will be the 8th now. They are mopping up some of the contained areas now but the evac ordered is still in place and I suspect it will remain until the 8th.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Buddy got word his house is still standing in Spaulding. He's sitting on pins and needles, guys been through a lot the past year and a half, hope it all works out ok for the folks up there.
    Hopefully they will keep the tweakers/thieves away too. I hope none of the firefighters get injured either.....Jetspray

16. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast