Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: need advise on waders booties what i`m doing wrong

I had this problem with some inexpensive waders I bought from Sportsman's warehouse. I believe my problem was trying to squeeze and force my stocking foot into my boots without loosening the laces sufficiently. The seams in the stockingfoot began leaking. I exchanged the waders under the warranty time period and now take the time to loosen the laces so my feet can slide in my boots with ease. I have not had the same problem with the same inexpensive waders since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    What kind of holes are you getting? Are you damaging the neoprene when you are pulling/pushing them off? I have done this. Buy some wool liner socks, they are thin so it won't make the fit tighter. They will make them slid off easy.
    As for the feet getting larger with age, it is true for me I'm only 62 but up to double E. But then again little people make our shoes and the don't make the toe box roomy ever. Each width size is only 1/8" wider.
    Watch Sierra Trading Post from time to time. I got a pair of korkers KGB's @45$ + shipping.
    got holes on the side of the booties and at the top . i`m thinking i`m tying the laces to tight . and that `im tugging the **** out of them, at first when i first got them. I then read where you can put Garbage bags over you feet to get the booties off easier, so I did that and Sure enough that works well. Wool in the summer time ??? that's a hot one there / Winter yes!! Summer ???. I might end up with foot sweat in My booties!!!thinking it was a leak ...Kidding aside on that one . maybe i need to try that ,on what you said. I will however get through this Summer season and get a new pair Come Steel head season January 1st!!!! and make these the summer pair since i now have a Cooling system built in !!!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    You guys crack me up, money is only a means of getting enjoyment for what you do. I am 6' 5" and weigh 320 lbs, clothes have always been a problem to get. Size 13 triple wide feet are hard to get for shoes. BTW I always have to pay top price for anything I wear. A T shirt is close to $30 for me...….Jetspray
    In sort agree about Money . when your young and broke its a different attitude. when you make it in life . and always have money in the bank and wallet . Money is a tool to survive. It`s not the everything we thought it was I in our 20`s and 30`s.. Of course, Eye candy comes with being young .which I miss . why is it the younger ladies look better than the one we grew up with!!!! and what does this have to do with fishing????NOTHING!!!!!!

................WISDOM 101

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    What kind of holes are you getting? Are you damaging the neoprene when you are pulling/pushing them off? I have done this. Buy some wool liner socks, they are thin so it won't make the fit tighter. They will make them slid off easy.
    As for the feet getting larger with age, it is true for me I'm only 62 but up to double E. But then again little people make our shoes and the don't make the toe box roomy ever. Each width size is only 1/8" wider.
    Watch Sierra Trading Post from time to time. I got a pair of korkers KGB's @45$ + shipping.
    6 foot 2 inches? I agree and just changing altitudes makes your feet swell up a bit. When I get shoe gear for the winter I have pairs that are a size too big in insulated shoes to put on extra socks and water proof socks as well...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys crack me up, money is only a means of getting enjoyment for what you do. I am 6' 5" and weigh 320 lbs, clothes have always been a problem to get. Size 13 triple wide feet are hard to get for shoes. BTW I always have to pay top price for anything I wear. A T shirt is close to $30 for me...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ANGLER View Post
    Purchase 1 pair every 2 years at $200 or 1 pair every 10 years at $500. You do the math...
    Thanks for the math Class . I still think Knowing what I make and You don`t and the fact that I`m sure you mean well Is That still at 99.00 waders every 3 years and X3 its still less than 500.00. WOW!!!
    I actually did something I Hate doing .....MATH!!!!!!
    Its like the Old saying
    WHATS IN YOUR WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS .....a remedy is what i`m looking at on My end ,
    Not a Purchase order. Don`t want to spend 500.00 On Simms and have the same crap happen to me again in 3 years
    Thanks .
    Even a Mercedes will Breaks down at 60Grand!!!!..........

Post Thanks / Like

If you can go up a size then its worth a try.

If needed for added fit I think you could safely add one of the many insoles (gel type) offered by Dr. Scholls. Most are synthetic and you can trim them to fit. I've not tried them in wader boots but I bet they would add comfort especially since one is standing and hiking alot.

I forgot I portaged my kayak upstream thru lots of rapids last winter during the low flows. This type of hiking/pulling is really hard on wader boots. I'm really surprised my cheapie wader boots held up so well. Some trips I pulled my kayak at least a half mile thru various rapids/riffles. A wading staff comes in handy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MtnFisher; 07-14-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

For $139.99 I bought these Cabelas Guide Tech waders. That was in June 2015 and they are still good...

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...fdc0556152bf74
    It’s better to be fishing and thinking about God then to be in church thinking about fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ANGLER View Post
    Purchase 1 pair every 2 years at $200 or 1 pair every 10 years at $500. You do the math...

Not all people can justify or have the extra income to drop 500 bucks on a pair of boots

13. Likes chubbswheeler, MtnFisher liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast