Thread: Prime Time

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prime Time

I haven’t been out yet after salmon either due to certain responsibilities I am taking care of. But it’s always worth it to me to get out on the water whether I catch fish or not. The experience, being out there on the water is why I go. Catching fish is a bonus( and I do like the bonus). I agree though late September through November are usually the most productive times.But let’s face it the delta is not a great salmon fishery.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    I have not ventured out yet this season. I'm thinking late September/early October continuing through November for things to be worth (it to me) getting the boat wet although the hot temperatures keep me home now. I no longer endure the heat. The zone between Discovery and Freeport/Clarksburg should be the target. Just my guess.
    You're not missing much but mid 90 temps and very slow fishing. Mid Sept. to mid Nov. should be worth it with temps back in the 80's for the next month to mid 60's by mid Nov. To go out and pay fee's, gas, launch a boat and go everywhere or anchor for a while for 1 Salmon, I'd wait too..100 degrees on Friday..unless you want to go out for the fishing experience and it doesn't matter if you catch one or not, maybe go striper fishing too. Salmon are still coming in from the ocean. Go early mornings when temps are 50'/60's to noon before it's too hot and the rec boats scatter fish. Discovery to Clarksburg or Garcia Bend to Courtland, both about the same distance are good zones.
    Last edited by Mark1; 09-08-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Being on the water is "worth it to me", but you're dates are pretty accurate. We all only have a certain number of days left to fish, so go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Prime Time

I have not ventured out yet this season. I'm thinking late September/early October continuing through November for things to be worth (it to me) getting the boat wet although the hot temperatures keep me home now. I no longer endure the heat. The zone between Discovery and Freeport/Clarksburg should be the target. Just my guess.