Post Thanks / Like

Re: How are the shore fishermen doing?

A huge pod of salmon moved in right below the mouth of the american river this morning and tons of shore anglers throwing flying Cs this morning hooking up left and rt there's even a youtube video of them all landing salmon big ones FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    We know most of the boat fishermen will catch them. What about the shore fishermen? Has anyone from shore been hooking up? I am going to try my luck tomorrow.
    It depends where your fishing , because these fish aren't holding very long in the traditional good spots like they used to .... The Feather used to hold fish in many holes below the Outlet in the wildlife area but not these days ... not that guys don't get one here and there cuz a few do get lucky and hit it when a school is moving thru ... The Outlet is absolutely loaded with fish , stacked like cord wood on my electronics Fri bank and boat guys were getting fish almost at will ...We fished from my boat for about 2hrs got one fish in the boat but hooked at least 20 between 3 of us and lost all but one , many lost thanks to bankies casting over our fish breaking us off ... It's crazy fishing it from a boat , guides are using 8 oz balls to get down to the bottom and then cranking up about a ft off the bottom and fish on ... Beads with yarn or Roe on 3ft leader ... Jigs if you wanna hook up every pass but 99% are fowl hooked ... If your gonna fish the Outlet From the bank I'd suggest about 3 to 4 oz of lead and buy plenty cuz its snaggy everywhere .... If you can get a clean drift you will hook a fish ... Landing it ... Well that's another story...
    Good luck ...its busy ... both sides

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    We know most of the boat fishermen will catch them. What about the shore fishermen? Has anyone from shore been hooking up? I am going to try my luck tomorrow.
    I'm not sure about the Feather River but heard the outlet was good few weeks ago.? The American is good in Oct below Hazel..and Nov. below Ancil Hoffman park to about the Paradise beach area. The Sac area off the bank is still a little slow. Freeport's slow, don't fish Miller or Discovery anymore or hear any fishing reports from there. Surprised hearing Miller still has lots of people, if they caravan in because of the parking fee's and one guy lands a fish in 10 min., then what, he's got to go? Minnow hole gets 0-6 fish a day in the mornings but all these spots have lots of guys there.

Hood is hit and miss. I know a couple old timers that fish 5 days a week or more in the Sac area with 12 each, lucky.!! I recently netted an 18 and 20 pounder in clean shape. I've caught 2 small ones, slower for me this year than other years at this time but I only go out a couple mornings a week but have vacation days coming up. It's finally cooling down which is good and early mornings are better before 10 am. Start about 6:30am and fish 4 hours or so. Incoming tide seems better for bites also less junk flows down like outgoing. It will be better late Sept to mid Nov. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mark1; 09-15-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Got this gal today around 3pm. Sac metro. Grilled up nice with some quality brews. Tight lines!
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes MVP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was prolly 40 guys at Miller Park today if that’s any indication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not sure where you plan on fishing but I can tell you my report from the Feather has been slim pickens even from a boat here in Yuba City. I was probably about 10 fish deep by this time last year. It does seem like its picking up especially up in Oroville where theres more shore fishing. That's my opinion and frankly I should head to the Sac cuz reports seem better there.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the shore fishermen doing?