Thread: Cosumnes River

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cosumnes River

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    It is a closed river to salmon (valley district regulation).

Might try the Moke, Sac or American instead. Just make sure you know the bag limits and legal fishing areas before going out--there have been a few regulation changes over the past year.

I don't believe the consumes has a flow at this time. Putting in a Franklin Blvd site now you are basically in a slough. There is no flow under the Wilton Rd Bridge now

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome. I love fishing close quarters places like that. Frequently find unpressured fish, and has an intimate feeling to it.

Let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Bro hit the cosumnes. It’s WFO right now. Just tell the wardens ya can’t read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm just going to stay in the Cosumnes and go bass fishing I seem to do better there.I haven't caught a salmon in a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    I don't know that area particularly well, but where would you launch to fish the Moke that you'd have to travel back through the Cosumnes to get too?

So long as you aren't fishing the Cosumnes, only traveling through, I wouldn't worry, but I also wouldn't claim I was bass fishing with kwikfish and Mepps #5s. Your potential circumstances are why I hate knuckle-heads who chat about "how can they prove I was ...(insert illegal activity here)..." Follow the rules, you should be fine, try and skirt the rules and the best thing that will happen is you find yourself looking over your shoulder all day. Not the relaxing experience most of us go fishing for.

Nice time of the year in that area regardless. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mchrisk72 View Post
    I guess I'll have to go out to the Mokelumne. But I have to get back through the Cosumnes River so how do I prove that my fish came out of the Mokelumne? This sounds like I should just go bass fishing

I don't know that area particularly well, but where would you launch to fish the Moke that you'd have to travel back through the Cosumnes to get too?

So long as you aren't fishing the Cosumnes, only traveling through, I wouldn't worry, but I also wouldn't claim I was bass fishing with kwikfish and Mepps #5s. Your potential circumstances are why I hate knuckle-heads who chat about "how can they prove I was ...(insert illegal activity here)..." Follow the rules, you should be fine, try and skirt the rules and the best thing that will happen is you find yourself looking over your shoulder all day. Not the relaxing experience most of us go fishing for.

Nice time of the year in that area regardless. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mchrisk72 View Post
    I guess I'll have to go out to the Mokelumne. But I have to get back through the Cosumnes River so how do I prove that my fish came out of the Mokelumne? This sounds like I should just go bass fishing

It's a closed river and wardens patrol it frequently this time of year. Not worth it. Wimpys to the south fork going down towards B&W are better options right now anyways, the pulse flows seemed to have drawn most of the fish up beyond Peltier road already.

7. Likes salmonid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It is a closed river to salmon (valley district regulation).

Might try the Moke, Sac or American instead. Just make sure you know the bag limits and legal fishing areas before going out--there have been a few regulation changes over the past year.

10. Likes salmonid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cosumnes River

Has anybody ever been in salmon fishing on the Cosumnes thinking about trying for the first time on Sunday any advice would be fantastic haven't got a salmon in 10 years