Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your *one* fav bottom fish recipe that ISN'T FRIED

Rockfish is good any which way you cook it if you ask me. Steamed, Sauteed, or baked, its still awesome with butter and herbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Speaking of which, I have a friend who takes a couple of Rockfish to a Chinese restaurant and have them steam/cook them. He gives a couple to the restaurant and pays minimal fee for cooking.
    I love steamed Rockfish, we had a Ranch 99 about a mile away from where we lived in Quail Run on the north end of Fremont. They had some great stuff and you could put in an order and come back in about an hour with it ready to take home. There was also a great PHO place in that shopping center too......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Chinese steamed fish.
    Speaking of which, I have a friend who takes a couple of Rockfish to a Chinese restaurant and have them steam/cook them. He gives a couple to the restaurant and pays minimal fee for cooking.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Your *one* fav bottom fish recipe that ISN'T FRIED

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    cod! hit it fast and hard in a rocket hot skillet. then put it into a 400 deg oven to finish. top with an herb butter to finish. whoa..
    I do that as well, but I have moved to using conductive heat for the temps. You can regulate it better and you can even spray in EVO and put a little of that butter with it. Less calories and I think a better taste. I am a rub fan and do not use many ketchup based sauces. The sprayers I use can accommodate a variety of oils, vinegars, wine or beer even. Very fine mist and better coverage. For instance if you cook in oil and like that taste of that oil you are using, with the sprayer you control how much you apply. Very good stuff.....Jetspray

https://www.qvc.com/Evo-Set-of-%282%...ml?sc=PRODFEED
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I have some Alaskan black rock fish, king salmon, and halibut that my friend gave me. I will probably use the air fryer or the Traeger on them soon (vacuum packed in the freezer).Jetspray
    cod! hit it fast and hard in a rocket hot skillet. then put it into a 400 deg oven to finish. top with an herb butter to finish. whoa..

7. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Your *one* fav bottom fish recipe that ISN'T FRIED

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Pan sear that Alaska black cod in butter jet spray that chit is bomb.
    Thanks for the suggestion, still need to think it over. I use mostly rubs on my fish & game, sometimes poach fish like trout in white wine and herbs (fresh from my wife's aero gardens (she has two of them)).Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Pan sear that Alaska black cod in butter jet spray that chit is bomb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Your *one* fav bottom fish recipe that ISN'T FRIED

I have some Alaskan black rock fish, king salmon, and halibut that my friend gave me. I will probably use the air fryer or the Traeger on them soon (vacuum packed in the freezer).Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Salt and pepper to taste, then into a very light flour dredge. Into a hot pan with a little olive oil, sear to color. Then take a single spoonful of lime marmalade and glaze the fish with it. It is SO BOMB. This recipe was learned from Frozendog off PFIC

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese steamed fish.

Salt the whole fish. Maybe sprinkle on some grated fresh ginger.

Steam it whole; finding a big vessel is usually the challenge. Once done. Pull it out. Lay fist fulls of slivered ginger, slivered green onions and cilantro. Put the fish somewhere safe. I put it in my sink. Then drizzle blazing hot oil over it to wilt the herbs. It doesn’t take much. And safety first! Add a Few drops of sesame oil. And some soy sauce.

Take a bow.

You can can remove the head if anyone is sensitive to food with eyes. Or your plate and vessel is too small.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast