Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Missed takedowns

We had two nice take downs that did not hook down river from Garcia Bend. We ended up getting skunked. Got two nice ones on Saturday. Limited out by 9:30 am.

2. Likes Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome Seeker View Post
    Well I jinxed myself in this thread, Had 2 drag peelin rips that didn’t stick and lost 2 dime bright fish at the boat (cutplugs!) Damnt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude we had three fish take downs on BCP's at miller yesterday, one that was on for a bit, and just came off. I JUST replaced all my hooks with brand new hi-quality hooks, "rig river" type

Have no explanation

4. Likes Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I jinxed myself in this thread, Had 2 drag peelin rips that didn’t stick and lost 2 dime bright fish at the boat (cutplugs!) Damnt...

Post Thanks / Like

4/O siwash on K14s w/swivel +3 seconds in rod holder
    batting about 12 for 15 (on the river 12 times)
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Likes jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I've been able to get out a dozen times or so....the more you go the more chances you get!
    I’ll be hitting that river for salmon until the end of November.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    You’re doing better than me in the AR so far. Been twice and haven’t gotten a take down even though they’re rolling all around me. Maybe I’ll switch from herring to sardine wraps.

I've been able to get out a dozen times or so....the more you go the more chances you get!

10. Likes jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I have been dealing with the same thing all year running plugs on anchor. Generally I wait a few sec for the fish to load up after the bite but this year none are sticking when I wait.

I started holding the rod and ripping on the fish as soon as I feel the bite and actually started landing a few. I know this is usually not the best method but its the only way I can get em to stick this year.

I think it is due to less aggressive fish.....its been a soft bite all year for me on the American. The fish rarely turn downstream and run with the plug like they usually do. The bite has just been a slight tug then run strait at the boat.

I am 4 for about 20 bites. I was 0 for 16 before I started setting the hook faster lol. Its been a tough one this year!
    You’re doing better than me in the AR so far. Been twice and haven’t gotten a take down even though they’re rolling all around me. Maybe I’ll switch from herring to sardine wraps.

Post Thanks / Like

For closest matching in owners k-14= #1... K-15= 1/0... K-16= 2/0 in ST-36 trebles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
    Just got back from trolling the Sac today from Discovery down. Unlike you I didn't miss any takedowns,,, I didn't get any . Saw 1 guy get 1 and marked nothing on my HDS. Anyway back to the hooks, not sure what size exactly but probably 1/0 or 2/0 for a k15. I usually buy the hooks when I buy the lures so I can hold the lure up to the hooks and get something similar or 1 size larger. Best of luck out there
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been dealing with the same thing all year running plugs on anchor. Generally I wait a few sec for the fish to load up after the bite but this year none are sticking when I wait.

I started holding the rod and ripping on the fish as soon as I feel the bite and actually started landing a few. I know this is usually not the best method but its the only way I can get em to stick this year.

I think it is due to less aggressive fish.....its been a soft bite all year for me on the American. The fish rarely turn downstream and run with the plug like they usually do. The bite has just been a slight tug then run strait at the boat.

I am 4 for about 20 bites. I was 0 for 16 before I started setting the hook faster lol. Its been a tough one this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from trolling the Sac today from Discovery down. Unlike you I didn't miss any takedowns,,, I didn't get any . Saw 1 guy get 1 and marked nothing on my HDS. Anyway back to the hooks, not sure what size exactly but probably 1/0 or 2/0 for a k15. I usually buy the hooks when I buy the lures so I can hold the lure up to the hooks and get something similar or 1 size larger. Best of luck out there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast