Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mokelumne River from the bank

Quote Originally Posted by oceansprint View Post
    That sounds about right...just not very familiar with the area, and couldn’t find particular specifics on the regs. However, when you call wimpy’s and ask about the bag limit it’s 1 fish, whereas DFG confirms it’s 2 fish in that area. I guess will try to get jiggy with it. TL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep looking good in the regs...The section for the Mok is on pg. 34 section "124a...7/16-10/15.. 2 salmon from the Camanche dam to hwy. 99". So it's closed now but I think the bank fishing is next to the Mok hatchery in the Mok river day use park. Go up hwy 88 to 12 turn left on N. McIntire Rd for 1.5 miles until you reach the Mok day use. Look up google maps and scout it next year. I've never fished there and don't have any specifics from there. And section "124d...7/16-12/16.. 2 salmon from east of hwy. 160 sac river rd and north of hwy. 12". This includes Wimpys. They should know this, look up the regs, listen to DFW...and get jiggy with it.
    Last edited by Mark1; 11-02-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds about right...just not very familiar with the area, and couldn’t find particular specifics on the regs. However, when you call wimpy’s and ask about the bag limit it’s 1 fish, whereas DFG confirms it’s 2 fish in that area. I guess will try to get jiggy with it. TL!

Post Thanks / Like

the area conducive to bank fishing closes Mid Oct. You're too late to fish it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Mokelumne River from the bank

Greetings fellow fish killers,

Does anybody can point out in the right direction for bank fishing at Mokelumne river? So far we’ve done a bit of trolling and jigging mostly launching from Wimpy’s. However, it sounds that river system is totally unknown. Any suggestions for spots to drift beads or cast fly?

AR just doesn’t look very promising at the moment, hopefully it will change, but would be nice to try some different. Got roe?