Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transitioning from salt to fresh for Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Drifter View Post
    if you’re going to troll, better buy a depth/fish finder first. The cost of lost Kwikfish will add up quickly without one.
    Makes sense. Got myself a humminbird 570 di.
    18.5" Larson I/O 4.3L Volvo Penta
    Fishing in The Bay, any NorCal lake or river, or Pyramid Lake NV

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transitioning from salt to fresh for Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
    After getting skunked all year out in the ocean for em, I want to try going inland.

I started the year by taking dad on a private 4 person charter for them on father's day. 2 of the folks limited out, we got skunked! But I learned how to do it. Tried to keep going on my 18 footer but never found a calm enough day. I did try trolling in the bay a few times and never got anything.

I've watched enough videos to know how to do it, and there's some spots I've thought about launching, but what do I need to know if I'm going by myself for the first time?

Can I just pop in the river and troll with a kwikfish? I also don't have a depth/fish finder, so I use GPS maps.
    if you’re going to troll, better buy a depth/fish finder first. The cost of lost Kwikfish will add up quickly without one.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Transitioning from salt to fresh for Salmon

After getting skunked all year out in the ocean for em, I want to try going inland.

I started the year by taking dad on a private 4 person charter for them on father's day. 2 of the folks limited out, we got skunked! But I learned how to do it. Tried to keep going on my 18 footer but never found a calm enough day. I did try trolling in the bay a few times and never got anything.

I've watched enough videos to know how to do it, and there's some spots I've thought about launching, but what do I need to know if I'm going by myself for the first time?

Can I just pop in the river and troll with a kwikfish? I also don't have a depth/fish finder, so I use GPS maps.
    18.5" Larson I/O 4.3L Volvo Penta
    Fishing in The Bay, any NorCal lake or river, or Pyramid Lake NV